Hail Damage claim to rental car by Hertz

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

MKL

Jul 30, 2018
I rented a vehicle from a Hertz subsidiary in Dickinson, ND on 7/13/18 and returned to Rapid City, SD on 7/16/18 at 7am. During that time there was absolutely no hail reported in the area. I returned the vehicle in the same condition with no damage. On 7/20 I received a call from PurCo saying there was a damage claim with info to follow. On 7/28 a packet from PurCo arrived containing an estimate for repairs of over $2600. and indistinguishable pictures of hail damage. There was no one in the lot when I returned the car; I asked for an inspection but the one attendant inside could not go outside to check. He asked how the car drove, etc. and I said it was fine and in perfect condition. I trusted him! MISTAKE.
I feel this is a major scam. I have asked them to provide detailed documentation with time/date stamped pictures, chain of custody of the car, prior and subsequent rentals as well as weather reports showing hail during my time of possession.
I am fighting them because this is just plain wrong.
Any suggestions?