GOLFNOW.COM retaining 100% of orders even when canceling within the hours - NO REFUNDS, FULL OR PARTIAL

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 9, 2020
I had a need to book a golf reservation for 4, including my 91 year old father. At the time, I did not know he wasn't well, and when advising the four-some found I needed to cancel. So I canceled in under one hour of the reservation, and GOLFNOW.COM would not return any of the money spent. I contacted the course, and they said they had nothing to do with GOLFNOW.COM. This service is a rip-off. Within one hour, I was out $173 and thankfully I did not book 18 holes! I would have been out almost $400!! how in the world can they do this? This is a horrendous service, and means of theft in my view.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I had a need to book a golf reservation for 4, including my 91 year old father. At the time, I did not know he wasn't well, and when advising the four-some found I needed to cancel. So I canceled in under one hour of the reservation, and GOLFNOW.COM would not return any of the money spent. I contacted the course, and they said they had nothing to do with GOLFNOW.COM. This service is a rip-off. Within one hour, I was out $173 and thankfully I did not book 18 holes! I would have been out almost $400!! how in the world can they do this? This is a horrendous service, and means of theft in my view.
What were the terms of the booking? Was it cancelable? If it was cancelable you need to reach out to golfnow.com customer service. If it was non-refundable you have little leverage since you clicked reserve.

It all depends on the terms of the reservation. Some online reservations (hotels in particular) are non-refundable. Only airlines have a government required 24 hour cancelation period ( and only if booked directly with the airlines and 7 days or more in advance).

Here are the cancelation terms indicating you can get a credit for future use within 90 days.

Worry-Free Tee Times™
Life happens. But with GOLFNOW's Worry-Free Tee Times, GOLFPASS+ members can change or cancel their reservation online up to one hour before the tee time for any reason, without penalty*. No joke. So long as you cancel one hour or more before your tee time, any prepaid amounts will be fully refunded. Refunds will be issued in the form of a GOLFNOW credit which applies to your GOLFNOW account. GOLFNOW credits expire 90 days after the issue date. Relax, we've got you covered!

*You may only modify one reservation per course, per day. Must be signed into your GOLFPASS+ account in order to qualify for Worry-Free Tee Times. If you booked using guest checkout, your reservation does not qualify and will be subject to the standard tee time cancellation policy. Visit our FAQs page to learn more.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2020
What were the terms of the booking? Was it cancelable? If it was cancelable you need to reach out to golfnow.com customer service. If it was non-refundable you have little leverage since you clicked reserve.

It all depends on the terms of the reservation. Some online reservations (hotels in particular) are non-refundable. Only airlines have a government required 24 hour cancelation period ( and only if booked directly with the airlines and 7 days or more in advance).

Here are the cancelation terms indicating you can get a credit for future use within 90 days.

Worry-Free Tee Times™
Life happens. But with GOLFNOW's Worry-Free Tee Times, GOLFPASS+ members can change or cancel their reservation online up to one hour before the tee time for any reason, without penalty*. No joke. So long as you cancel one hour or more before your tee time, any prepaid amounts will be fully refunded. Refunds will be issued in the form of a GOLFNOW credit which applies to your GOLFNOW account. GOLFNOW credits expire 90 days after the issue date. Relax, we've got you covered!

*You may only modify one reservation per course, per day. Must be signed into your GOLFPASS+ account in order to qualify for Worry-Free Tee Times. If you booked using guest checkout, your reservation does not qualify and will be subject to the standard tee time cancellation policy. Visit our FAQs page to learn more.
Thank you for this! I did cancel within the hour. I have replied to their email to me with this information. I will see what I find out. I DID TRY to modify the reservation for another day, and the site immediately took me to "cancellation" and would not let me.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you sign in as a guest or did you use your Golfpass account? If you signed in as a guest, the cancellation policy doesn’t apply:

If you booked using guest checkout, your reservation does not qualify and will be subject to the standard tee time cancellation policy. Visit our FAQs page to learn more.

Reactions: Pixie Pie

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Anyone who books anything on the internet needs to read and understand what they're buying. Booking online is not like dealing with your friendly golf starter down the road. This Golf website is there to make money, as much as they can. Soon people will stop using them and just pick up the phone like in the good old days.

Reactions: jsmithw