GM Financial Lease No Payments Reported for 3 years

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 4, 2019
I started this journey at the end of May 2019, early June. I have been trying to get this situation resolved. I decided to go into the dealership that I got my leased vehicle from so that I could turn my current vehicle in that I am leasing. which is a 2016 Buick Verano. When going into the dealership, I had asked my sales rep about getting another vehicle. The lady told me that GM Financial was stating that I had some missed payments? I told her that cannot be, that had to be incorrect. So when contacting GM Financial myself it was brought to my attention that there were 5 payments that were applied to someone else's vehicle loan! On top of that I was informed that GM has not reported ANY payments of mine since 2016. Even in 2016 they only reported 2 payments. I could not believe this. I contacted GM and started to ask what the heck was going on. They informed me that they could not understand why they were not reporting. I have asked several people and I mean several reps to get this fixed. I have spoken to Barbara, Briana, Debbie Rolland, David, Kelly, Lisa, Cathy, Susan, Sarah, Teresa, Asia, Garrett and everyone tells me a different story. Since GM Financial has not reported any of my payments (which are all paid, current and up to date), my credit score is very low. With that being said I cannot just walk into a dealership and get another vehicle with the FICO score that I have right now because it is too low. I have been told by reps to just get a cosigner. I will NOT get a cosigner since GM has made this problem HUGE. They are the ones who created this. Since then I have made many complaints. I have made complaints to the Consumer Federal Protection Bureau, I have made a complaint to many GM reps and 2 supervisors. Every time that GM reps tell me they will do something or send me something, they will not and have not. Read below and you will see what has happened. Not to mention the stress, the emotional part of everything they are causing me. This has been a nightmare. I just want my payments reported for the past 3 years and I want my FICO score fixed and brought up to where it needs to be.
06/20/2019 first contacted GM Financial and spoke to David. What David had informed me was that I had owed an amount of $3737.70 total. With the finance charge of $85.62

06/21/2019 Contacted GM Financial again and spoke to Debbie Rolland. She informed me the total amount owed was $3737.70 and nothing else was remaining. Per her our conversation I asked if there was anything else that I needed to take care of. Debbie stated that once this was paid then they promised me that my account, my credit report and payments would be updated. Nothing would be showing behind or delinquent on my credit report.

06/25/2019 spoke to a Garrett and he informed me that there were finance charges on my account in an amount of $85.62 and he would submit a request to have them removed. He said he could not promise anything but he would try. On this date, I did ask to speak to Debbie again and she said that my payments have not been applied and updated on my GM account or credit report. It looks like four of my payments were placed against someone else’s loan payments. The account number that my payments were applied to were 01xxxxxxxx per Debbie Rolland. I had made four payments through Western Union and somehow Western Union ended up transposing an incorrect number on my account. Instead of my correct loan number 01xxxxxxxx, the payments that were applied to 01xxxxxxxx. (Confirmed with Debbie Rolland at GM) Debbie also asked me if I was in Bankruptcy still. I told her that my account was discharged in 2016 and I sent her documentation and proof that it has been discharged then. Debbie promised me that she would have that status removed on my account so that I do not have to continue to go through the BK department.

07/08/2019 spoke to Debbie again and still none of my payments has been fixed. Debbie stated that there was still a $250.00 payment that was still outstanding and not applied to my account. I had asked if she could please send me something in writing so I could see what payments that I have made and they have applied to my loan. She stated that GM was not obligated to send anything in writing but only state things verbally. I asked if she could please send the list of payments and any finance charges that were credited as informed by David on 6/20/2019. Debbie informed me she would send the list to me in
the mail today. Debbie now stated that I owe a balance of $165.78 she said that she made an error and stood corrected because the amount she gave me was not right. I told her that she and Garrett gave me an amount to pay and that is what I sent. She said that she took ownership for that and corrected herself. She said the reason why it was showing $165.78 past due is that I sent a partial payment for July. This is incorrect; I sent the full payment of $250.00. I also informed Debbie that the amount past due was $165.78 and the total amount owed was $412.78. Debbie stated that amount was incorrect and it would still show a payment due until I turn my vehicle back in.
Debbie informed me that she released my credit report and they would have it updated in a few days.

07/11/2019 spoke to Debbie again, went through all of my payments, and said that she sent my statement of payments on 07/10/2019 Debbie then informed me that I still owe a balance of $165.78. At this time, it was still showing that I owed total $412 and some change.

07/12/2019 Today, I have looked at my score and still NOTHING has been updated on GM’s behalf. My score is still showing that no payments have been reported since 2017. Per Debbie, she informed me that my report would be updated in a couple of days. This is so frustrating because I am put on a hold status in my life due to GM. I do not understand why things are taking so long to correct on GM’s behalf. Today, my online app for GM says that I am not behind but owe total $246.93. Per Debbie 4 days ago, she told me that it would still show for one payment due since I have not turned in the vehicle yet. She said that it would show a payment owing until I turn in the vehicle. Debbie said that I do not owe anything though. That amount is incorrect. If, this statement is true then how is it that I owe $246.93? The other day she told me that I owed $165.78 for a partial payment due for July. Wouldn’t my online app still now reflect this? Debbie informs me that the app is incorrect and do not go by that. How is it that I am to know how much to send GM if they cannot report the correct number of monies owed on their app online or mobile? How they can run an online app if the numbers are not reporting correctly.

7/15/2019 as of today my credit, report nor my payments have been updated. The online app is now stating that the total amount past due is $0.00 and the amount owed total is $246.93 and the due date is 12/31/9999, so with the statement that Debbie gave me on 07/08/2019 she stated I would owe 1 full payment until my vehicle is turned in but nothing past due. So should not I owe nothing since my vehicle lease is due August 6, 2019? I have been asking for almost a month that they get things updated so I can get another vehicle leased. I am leaving on vacation and I DO NOT want to go past my due lease date. I am leaving out of town on 07/30/2019. I have asked and been promised multiple times by many reps as stated that I would have this corrected weeks ago. This is still not resolved. I need someone to get this rectified NOW so I can go on leasing another vehicle. I do not understand there is no sense of urgency on GM’s behalf to get this taken care of when I have done my part and done the leg work. Please can someone help me get my credit report updated NOW, TODAY so I can get a vehicle and turn my lease in? I am not taking the chance on having my vehicle past the due date for them to tell me something different as if I did not turn it in on time. I have been made multiple promises and been told many things and it seems to be different each time because of an error on GM’s behalf. Since I have been told different things I do not want to take the chance to turn my vehicle in past the due date of August 6. I will not be returning from vacation until August 18 and that is well past the timeline extension I was told that would be allowed from GM. per David they allow only a 10-day grace period to turn the vehicle in. My patience has run out. I have been more patient with them dealing with this for now almost a month. Promised and told that many reps would rectify it before this.

7/15/2019 12:10pm first contacted GM and spoke to a Lisa. I had informed Lisa of the situation. I asked Lisa if there were any finance charges that were credited and she said, “What finance charges?” I told her that when speaking to David on 6/20/19 he informed me that there were finance charges of $85.62 that were going to be credited. Debbie informed me that they were credited on 7/01/2019 and applied to my loan for credit. I asked Lisa if there was anything that GM could do so that we could fix my account now and show my credit report to the current score. She told me that there was nothing they could do at this time but wait 30-45 days before it would be updated. I requested if she could do a three-way call with the credit bureaus and confirm I am updated. She said they could not do that. I told her I would contact Transunion myself and call her back. Lisa had asked me if I was in Bankruptcy and I told her no. Debbie Rolland would have it updated and taken off my account online. Still not handled as promised.
Contacted Transunion and spoke to a Laya. Informed Laya of what the situation was with GM and she told me that they could file a dispute but for some reason the system was not allowing them to file one.
She also informed me that if GM would contact them and state that my account is up to date and payments made that they could fix my score now. I contacted GM and then spoke to a Kelly. I asked for Debbie Rolland. Kelly said that she could transfer me to Debbie. I was placed on hold, waited for 10 minutes. Kelly comes back and then says that it is their lunchtime around there and I could not speak to Debbie at that time. Kelly then offered to assist me. She said that she is aware of what was going on and read the notes. Kelly said that she apologized from the error on behalf of GM and said that they would do everything in their power to assist me and help me get this resolved. She said she had faith in GM that they would stand by their word. I informed her that there have been so many things told to me before that it was hard to believe that. She assured me. She also informed me that what she could do now is send me the letter by fax that they were going to send all three bureaus telling that my account has been updated and it was GM’s error.
*You could request a *Good Will Adjustment* *Dispute payments as inaccurate* I filed a complaint with the Consumer Federal Protection Bureau.
Three Credit Bureaus:
  • Transunion : 1-800-916-8800 Laya 7/15/2019
  • Experian: 1-888-397-3742
  • Equifax: 1-888-548-7878
7/15/2019 4:25pm –contacted Kelly at GM again regarding the letter being faxed. She informed me that the letter that she was going to be faxed had to be requested by The Credit Department. Everything goes through a department. She stated she placed an urgency on the request and asked for this to be expedited as soon as possible. She said she does not know how long the request would take, if it would take a week, a day, etc. *****this makes me NEVER want to do business with GM again. ****

7/22/2019- still my report nor my letter that I have been waiting on from GM has not been corrected. My letter from the Credit Department still has not been sent. We are going on 1 week since my request from Kelly.

7/30/2019 – still my credit report has not been updated. It used to show on my credit report that some payments were sent, and some history since 2017 and 2016, which has now all been closed. I have nothing showing on my credit report from GM Financial. It shows as of July 15 that my GM Lease loan was closed and now there is no history reporting. I still have YET to receive any payment history statement that was promised by Debbie Rolland and still have yet to see that. I still have yet to see “anything” as promised by GM Financial employees.
  • I have been promised my credit report would be repaired, not done as promised.
  • Debbie Rolland promised me that I would receive a Payment History. This was to be mailed out as promised on 07/08/2019, not done as promised.
8/14/2019 It is now August 14, 2019 yesterday in the mail I just received a response from GM Financial regarding my complaint I sent to the Consumer Federal Protection Bureau. In this letter, there was nothing it stated that they promised on their behalf. It stated everything that I already went through and I am going through. The only difference was Sara C. from their Customer Compliance department stated in this letter that they would contact all three credit bureaus to have them update my history with no derogatory remarks. This letter also stated that this $165.78 was due and I was to pay this.
As of August 16, 2019 my 10 day, grace period is going to be up. Since my credit report score is still not repaired. At this point, I have no idea of what to do without having another vehicle or being able to get one with just myself. I feel that I should not have to go through this at all and be provided another option. Today I called after work at 4:30pm. This is when my call began. I first got on the phone with someone and she was asking what happened and what she could do for me. I explained everything to her including all of the notes listed on my account. After 30 minutes, she explained to me that she had to transfer me to someone else that could assist me. She said she was not sure how to handle this. Therefore, I was transferred. The second person I spoke to same thing after 30 minutes and explaining everything, she too stated she could not help me. She said that she had to transfer me again to someone that could better assist me. Caller number 3, after explaining to her what happened and being on hold for so long she then came back and too said that she could not handle or fix my situation. She was not sure how to get it taken care of. Caller number four, I finally get to a woman named Cathy. What Cathy was stating that she empathized with my situation and thought it was very unprofessional that all of the things that I had been going through with GM she thought was not fair. She said that she felt very concerned and wanted to help resolve this as soon as possible. One question she asked me was I still in Bankruptcy. I explained to her no, I have been discharged since 2016 and sent all of the proof and letter to Debbie Rolland in the BK department. Debbie Rolland promised that she would have this alert removed from the online application. She also told me that she would have my account put back to normal and have my credit start reporting as soon as possible. GM has made so many promises that I do not know what to believe anymore. They go from informing me one thing then never standing on what they say or do. Cathy promised me that she would send a letter to all of the three credit bureaus and have it start reporting now. She said that GM does everything electronically so they cannot make any phone calls outside. She said that once she sends a letter that is electronic that they should be able to repair my score then. There should not be a wait for this to happen. Now remind you, I sent this request on the 14th. Today is now the 20th and it is not finished.

08/19/2019 I called and spoke to Barbara and she explained to me that I should give it until Wednesday no later to have this letter sent and emailed to me. As promised by Cathy in the Lease End department. Barbara reassured me that this letter would be sent and my credit would be repaired as promised by GM. She said that if by any chance that nothing has happened to contact them back and ask why. This seems to be the story of my life with GM. What am I do to if I cannot get this taken care of? I am now over my lease. My lease ended on August 6, 2019. I was also told that my lease, I would have a 10-day grace period and yet, here we are again. I do not understand why NOTHING has been of an urgency on GM’s behalf. I do not get the process of theirs at all. It is as if they enjoy having their customers put on hold.

8/21/2012 Called and spoke to a woman, when I asked if I could speak to Cathy in the Lease End department, she informed me there was no one there by that name. I told her that Cathy’s extension is 11569. This woman said that there was no one there by that name and no one with that extension. She then asked when I had spoken to her last. I explained to her that I just spoken to her yesterday and then again on 08/14/2019. I was PROMISED and told that GM was going to get the letter I had been requesting for months now. Cathy said they were going to email it to me yesterday I just had to wait until the end of the business day on their end. I waited until 8:00pm and still no email, no call, no response yet again on behalf of GM.

8/22/2019 Today at 9:30 am, I called and asked for Cathy yet again. This woman did not know whom I was speaking of until she looked her up by her ID number I gave. Cathy Henderson is her name. Cathy promised me that she would contact me today in a little bit. It is now 3:13pm and still I have not received a call back. No letter, no email, nothing. I am so confused because the letter that I had received from GM regarding my complaint with the Consumer Financial Reporting Agency, it states that GM takes complaints seriously and they appreciate me bringing this matter to their attention. They assured me that GM Financial gives customer service a high priority and is totally committed to achieving excellence.
“I am really beginning to think they do not take this matter serious.” Nothing since I have been having issues or concerns has been taken serious. No one has responded to my complaints, my requests, nothing since I started this journey with GM. My first call was to them on June 20, 2019. It is now Almost 3 months later and I am past my lease date. This all has happened because GM was not reporting any of my payments since 2016. I have been promised and told by several employees they would remove my BK alert that GM put on my account. I have sent numerous requests, documentation backing my request up. I have spoken to Debbie Rolland, she first promised me it would be removed in June. Nothing. Kelly promised me, Cathy then promised me, I was promised by Cathy’s supervisor. Yet not one request has been taken care of.

8/23/2019 Spoke to a woman and when I asked for Cathy Henderson she had no knowledge of her or any other person by that name I spoke to. There were not notes in the system regarding her. Once again I have not received any correction on my credit report nor have I received any letter that has been promised to me numerous times by different GM reps. I was told it would be emailed to me at [email protected] it still has not been emailed. I have had three reps tell me that they were waiting on approval from different supervisors and still nothing. No report, letter nothing.
I was told that if I wanted to keep the vehicle did anyone tell you that you needed to contact the End of Lease Department to extend your lease. I told her no because I only spoke to some woman who told me to pay each month for my lease. The woman then said that she had advice not to do that because GM could come and take my vehicle at any given time. The woman I spoke to informed me that she would send me a new end of lease paperwork through email as well. I have not received anything in regards to that. The woman also told me that she had to get approval and so she put me on hold. She came back from me being on hold and said that I was approved for an additional 2 months to extend my lease since everything that has been going on with my vehicle. I had also told the woman that my payment that is due that is a partial for July and not a full payment for August that I was going to be paying this payment 8/30/2019 Friday. The woman said no problem that they would be able to get me the paperwork out since I have been waiting for so long on everything.

8/26/2019 Today, I checked my email and no letter, no paperwork to extend my lease, nothing. Yet again, GM failed me. Every time that I am told and promised anything I get no response, just lies. I checked my credit report to see if anything has been updated. I was promised that it would and was updated on 8/23/2019, nothing. No payments have been reported and my credit report has not been corrected. The online reporting states, “No data” as well.

08/29/2019 Today, I called and spoke to a woman named Briana in customer service department. When I called, I told her that I was waiting on a letter that I could take to the dealerships and they would be able to assist me in getting a new vehicle. I also explained to her that I was waiting on getting the lease end documents from them 6 days ago. I still have nothing emailed to me or faxed to me. The woman that I spoke to today, told me now they cannot do anything for me until I pay my payment. I told the Briana today that is not what the representative informed me before on 8/23/2019. The woman before me stated I would be able to get my lease end paperwork and that she got approval to send to me for up to two more months. She said that I did not have to keep the vehicle for the 2 months but I had that extra time if I needed it. Now, the woman on the phone today said that she cannot and will not send me anything else until I make my payment. I told her that I am done dealing with them, I will be getting a lawyer, and they can note that because I am sick of being patient. I have been giving them ample time over 3 months to get this fixed and this has not been my fault. Now they are using my payment as my fault. I told the woman that every time that I call it seems like one department or person does not know what the other person is doing, ever! You people always seem like you never know what you are doing. You just want to give people a hard time. It is very difficult emotionally and time consuming having to constantly call and make sure that they are following through with what they said they would. However, they have not followed through with anything that they promised. Just as the woman last week said that, I needed to turn in my vehicle. I told her that I cannot turn it in if I do not have another vehicle and the woman said, You NEED TO TURN THE VEHICLE IN, NOW AND THAT’S NOT HOW THIS WORKS.

8/30/2019 Made payment of $165.78 for payment due in July that was apparently only half payment. Paid that in full. Made the payment online through GM financial website on my account.

9/3/2019 Credit report still not updated, now it shows auto loan has been closed August 30th when I pulled my credit report. The loan says it is current and paid in full. However, it does not show any payments reported for 3 and a half years. I have no green dots showing that anything has been recorded. Therefore, it is not effecting my score. I still cannot get a loan in my own name if my score is still very low and now thing is being reported, not even 1 payment. I have been told as well by many reps to get a cosigner but I will not get a cosigner if this was GM’s mistake. I should be able to go into another dealership and get another vehicle without any issue or concern. This is such a nightmare for me.

*I'm sure you can see, I am exhausted and just want this error fixed. Please I hope that someone can help me. I am tired and need someone to help me and get results so that I can go on with my life.*

Edited by a moderator to remove loan numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Your critical timeline appears to be:

While seeking a new lease, the sales person informs me of missed payments, and a low credit score. All my payments are current and up to date.
In 2016 they recorded just 2 payments and then none. Four (4) payments that were applied to someone else's loan. (??????, Jun ??)
My vehicle lease is due August 6, 2019? David has stated that they allow only a 10-day grace period to turn the vehicle in.
  • Amount owed is $3737.70 with a finance charge of $85.62. (David - Jun 20)
  • Promised that credit report and payments would be updated. Nothing would be showing behind or delinquent. (Debbie - Jun 21)
  • Payments have not been applied or updated on my GM account or credit report. (Debbie, Jun 25, Jul 8)
  • Prior bankruptcy showing active had to be cleared. (Debbie - Jun 25)
  • Statement of payments "sent" on Jul 10 (but not received), and I still owe a balance of $165.78. (Debbie - Jul 11)
  • Still no credit score update (Me - Jul 12, 15, 30)
  • Told to wait 30-45 days before it would be updated. (Lisa - Jul 15)
  • Transunion indicates that if GM would state that my account is up to date and payments made that they could fix my score now (Laya - Jul 15)
  • Filed a complaint with the Consumer Federal Protection Bureau and all three Credit Bureaus: (Me - Jul 15)
  • Promised that credit report would be updated (Sara - Aug 14, Barbara - Aug 19, Cathy - Aug 20)
  • Still no letters and no credit update. (Aug 26, Sep 3)
  • Made payment of $165.78 in full for payment due in July. Made the payment online through GM financial website on my account. (Aug 30)
  • The loan says it is current and paid in full. However, it does not show any payments reported for 3 and a half years. (Aug 30)

I hope I have captured the salient points and I am disappointed for your sake about the poor service from GM Financials . . .

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
These are the GM Financial executives that would seem to make sense for you to contact about your issues.

Robert Beatty​
Executive Vice President, Customer Experience​
Scott Dishman​
Executive Vice President, Servicing​
Daniel E. Berce​
President and Chief Executive Officer​

The email syntax for them that shows "valid" in my email validator is: [email protected].

I would start with Robert Beatty and give him one week to respond before escalating to the next level. I suggest you send something abbreviated as in my previous post. You may copy mine, or certainly compose your own.

These are executives, so they will most likely not be inclined to read the detail contained in your post . . .

Reactions: Pixie Pie
Sep 4, 2019
These are the GM Financial executives that would seem to make sense for you to contact about your issues.

Robert Beatty​
Executive Vice President, Customer Experience​
Scott Dishman​
Executive Vice President, Servicing​
Daniel E. Berce​
President and Chief Executive Officer​

The email syntax for them that shows "valid" in my email validator is: [email protected].

I would start with Robert Beatty and give him one week to respond before escalating to the next level. I suggest you send something abbreviated as in my previous post. You may copy mine, or certainly compose your own.

These are executives, so they will most likely not be inclined to read the detail contained in your post . . .
Thank you!! I will start with him. I appreciate your help and time!!

Reactions: VoR61

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
What a mess. I suggest that you recruit a friend and together compose a concise, factual list of what happened. Nobody would read such a long narrative, I'm sorry to say. I couldn't get through it, so please boil it all down to less than a page. It appears to be an accounting snafu that needs to be straightened out, it's not a conspiracy or anything sinister. Really, it's a modern version of "the computer did it".

I once paid someone else's cell phone bill for 6 months (with a business, I had7 different telecommunications bills every month on auto pay and just didn't notice) and it took the company MONTHS to figure it out. Your job is to explain the facts and make the person reading your email want to help you. Do you have records that all the payments were made on time? That is a vital bit of "proof" that you're right and GMAC did something wrong. If you don't have the records, you need to get them. They will not help you unless you convince them that you are right. You need to be polite, patient and persistent. If you wish to post your narrative here, we'll be glad to take a look at it.

Reactions: Maria K. Telegdy
Sep 4, 2019
What a mess. I suggest that you recruit a friend and together compose a concise, factual list of what happened. Nobody would read such a long narrative, I'm sorry to say. I couldn't get through it, so please boil it all down to less than a page. It appears to be an accounting snafu that needs to be straightened out, it's not a conspiracy or anything sinister. Really, it's a modern version of "the computer did it".

I once paid someone else's cell phone bill for 6 months (with a business, I had7 different telecommunications bills every month on auto pay and just didn't notice) and it took the company MONTHS to figure it out. Your job is to explain the facts and make the person reading your email want to help you. Do you have records that all the payments were made on time? That is a vital bit of "proof" that you're right and GMAC did something wrong. If you don't have the records, you need to get them. They will not help you unless you convince them that you are right. You need to be polite, patient and persistent. If you wish to post your narrative here, we'll be glad to take a look at it.

Yes, I do have proof and I have sent proof to Debbie in the very beginning. They aren't arguing the fact that they are in the wrong. In fact, they have admitted it was their mistake. Yes,I know my post is very long and I do apologize. These were just notes that I had taken my word doc. that I created and put them in this forum so you all could see what I was going through. I came here for help to get information, assistance, guidance and whichever else anyone thought would help me in this nightmare. I did however write an email with what VoR61 posted to help put things in view. I just used the outline that was posted and created for me to use. Thank you, VoR61. I have spoken to a woman named Sara C. in their compliance department and she responded back and they did mention that it was GM's error and they apologized. I have attached the letter for your reference.
I am at the point I do not know where else to turn to so I came here. I still do have my vehicle as I cannot turn it in until they get my FICO score fixed and reporting correctly on GM's behalf. I have had to get my lease extended which they promised me by 3 reps even a manager they would send me the lease end extension paperwork and I still have yet to even see that. It has now been 2 weeks and they told me it would only take 2 business days to email it to me as they needed it back right away so they could work on the paperwork. :eek:( *still waiting*
Let me know what everyone's thoughts are. :) Thank you everyone for your help and guidance!

Attachments

Nov 20, 2015
It is terrible that GM Financial did this to you and are dragging their feet fixing it. Just to clarify when the reporting issues occurred--
When checking over the past 3 years since your bankruptcy was discharged, have the credit reports and scores from the 3 agencies at no time reflected the incorrect payment history from GM(prior to June of this year)?

Reactions: ladybug77 and VoR61
Sep 4, 2019
It is terrible that GM Financial did this to you and are dragging their feet fixing it. Just to clarify when the reporting issues occurred--
When checking over the past 3 years since your bankruptcy was discharged, have the credit reports and scores from the 3 agencies at no time reflected the incorrect payment history from GM(prior to June of this year)?

Yes that is correct. In 2016 there has only been 2 payments that were reported period. Then nothing. GM stopped reporting anything at all since those payments in 2016.

Jan 11, 2019
I would think that as long as GM didn't make any negative reports on your credit report that it shouldn't affect your score. I know after you file bankruptcy it stays on your file for 7 years at least. I know it helps to have companies report to the credit agencies about your on time payments to help bring your score up. You mentioned finance charges etc., but I thought you had a leased car? I've never leased a car so I'm not sure how it works. I can't imagine paying on a car I'll never own, plus the miles they limit you to are ridiculous. What you can do, and I've done this, is send a letter to all of the credit agencies about the issue with GM messing up your payments etc..and it will be a consideration when applying for credit in the future. Apologies if I misunderstood anything. I had to scan your post, it was very long.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Yes that is correct. In 2016 there has only been 2 payments that were reported period. Then nothing. GM stopped reporting anything at all since those payments in 2016.
I’m assuming 2016 is when your BK was filed or finaled and the Lease was Specifically Written as an excluded debt. It was at that point the Legal Dept pulled your Trade Line and stopped reporting?

Reactions: ladybug77 and VoR61

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Yes ma'am, that is correct.
Most Creditors do not report to the Credit Bureaus any debts from people who are in BK or the Debt was listed in a BK filing. I read about this more often with people who Reaffirmed their personal residence and continued making payments and find out several years later it never helped their credit score as the pmts did not get reported.
This is the Lenders “Better safe than sorry” action for not inadvertently reporting a bad debt during or after a BK.
The BK is the real issue and Legal dept has now acknowledged your debt and that it was paid in full as agreed. They are not going to do anything further.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Her issue is not the bankruptcy ("I told her that my account was discharged in 2016 and I sent her documentation and proof that it has been discharged then", plus post #12). It is broken promises, time after time after time after time . . .

Reactions: jsn55 and ladybug77
Sep 4, 2019
I have no debt on my credit report that was included in my BK. I got my vehicle in 2016 and a few months later filed not too long after that. However I did NOT include my vehicle as part of my BK. I continued to make payments. I was told the reason they weren't reporting was because their system was new and it has happened to some other people. I'm not the only one who has gone through this.

Sep 4, 2019
Her issue is not the bankruptcy ("I told her that my account was discharged in 2016 and I sent her documentation and proof that it has been discharged then", plus post #12). It is broken promises, time after time after time after time . . .
Yes, exactly!!

Jun 24, 2019
I have no debt on my credit report that was included in my BK. I got my vehicle in 2016 and a few months later filed not too long after that. However I did NOT include my vehicle as part of my BK. I continued to make payments. I was told the reason they weren't reporting was because their system was new and it has happened to some other people. I'm not the only one who has gone through this.
It is not clear what OP is reporting. When OP filed for bankruptcy, listing the car as an asset and the loan to GM as a debt is required by law. I'm unaware of any exception. OP can continue to make the payments, and before OP receives a discharge can reaffirm OP's liability on the debt with the express permission of a judge.