Frontier Keeps Changing My Itinerary

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 31, 2020
Back in December, I purchased 4 round trip non stop tickets from Atlanta to San Juan for July 21st through 28th for my family's summer vacation. Over the last 2 months, they've changed my itinerary at least 3 times. The first change was to make our departure date the 20th, with an overnight layover in Orlando. The most recent change was to make our departure time on the return leg 3:40 AM out of San Juan with a plane change in Orlando. That means we'd have to be at the airport around midnight to return our rent a car. I haven't yet accepted this change and they've sent me 3 emails asking me to do so. My question is, am I under any obligation to accept these changes? If I decide not to accept it on the grounds of that's not what I bought, would I be entitle to a cash refund? Chances are we'll stick with it but I'm just NOT looking forward to that ridiculous departure time, but I just wanted to know what my options are. Thanks.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
The point made in post #3 is a good one. Have you looked at the Frontier web site to see what schedules they have in July, and have you looked at alternatives.?

Delta has the only NS ATL-SJU flight on July 21 for ~$500.

If you have non-refundable arrangements in San Juan you may have to accept what Frontier is currently flying (that may change in the next 6 weeks also). Alternative flights may be much more expensive, or just as long. Flight schedules have been reduced by all airlines. The days of flying when you want are gone, and will not return for many months (or years). Travel has changed. Even when flights were frequent I have gotten to the airport at every hour on the clock to get where I needed to be.

May 31, 2020
Thanks everyone. Like I stated, I may stick with my reservation. I've looked at other airlines and the fares are very high. I paid <$1,000 including 1 piece of checked luggage each for all 4 tickets.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Thanks everyone. Like I stated, I may stick with my reservation. I've looked at other airlines and the fares are very high. I paid <$1,000 including 1 piece of checked . luggage each for all 4 tickets.
Yup, you got a good deal. Just think of all that saved money when you roll into the airport in the middle of the night. I would expect many changes to your itinerary as time goes by. I would expect that you can't even travel there in July ... nobody knows what's what and all we can do is be super-prepared to jump one way or the other when confronted with really radical changes of plan.

Reactions: FrankL183
May 31, 2020
My wife said she didn't want to get on a flight at 3:40 am so I called Frontier and cancelled the reservation. The agent offered me a credit but I requested a refund, which she gladly gave me. Thanks everyone for your input.