Form to apply to Passport Agency from tourist company

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 3, 2017
Hi, maybe some one have application form for tourist company to become agent of Passport Agency. This form we need send to Passport Agency in Fan Francisco and wait for approval and after our agent could submit US passports our clients without appointment. Thank you for any advise.

Sep 19, 2015
VoR61 gave you the correct link for information on becoming an authorized passport acceptance facility. No private entity (company) can be one.

Note: Only public sector entities can apply, which means federal, state, county, city, or municipal office. U.S. Post Offices, public libraries, and public universities also are eligible.

No private entities includes not for profits, religious institutions, etc.

Reactions: VoR61
Jun 3, 2017
VoR61 gave you the correct link for information on becoming an authorized passport acceptance facility. No private entity (company) can be one.

Note: Only public sector entities can apply, which means federal, state, county, city, or municipal office. U.S. Post Offices, public libraries, and public universities also are eligible.

No private entities are allowed.
I know that some tourist companies in San Francisco have some contract with Passport Agency and their courier could come to facility without appointment and drop off client passports.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
This is from the link above:

Requirements
  • You are a public sector entity.
You are a federal, state, county, city, or municipal office. U.S. Post Offices, public libraries, and public universities also are eligible.​
  • You are not managed by or directly affiliated with a private entity.
Private entities in this case include non-profit, religious, or commercial organizations.​

Sep 19, 2015
I know that some tourist companies in San Francisco have some contract with Passport Agency and their courier could come to facility without appointment and drop off client passports.
That is not an authorized passport acceptance for the US. The authorized passport acceptance verifies the documents and the signature(s).

There are some companies that are more like messenger services, which require all the documents to have already been verified at an authorized acceptance. One such company says the following"

"You must provide XXX company with sealed envelope you obtained from an
approved passport acceptance facility. The sealed envelope must contain your
authenticated documents, forms, and proof of identity. You must also provide
photocopies of all documents enclosed in the sealed envelope for XXX company to
review"

I took out the name of the company as I know nothing about them. I have no idea if they actually have contacts or just make an emergency appointment at the passport office the same way that a normal person could.

If you are interested in providing that messenger type service you really should contact the Passport Office and find out what sort of requirements there are.