False Sixt Damage Claim

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 28, 2020
I live in the US and rented a car from Sixt at Heathrow Airport in June 2018. A few days later we noticed a flaw in the side rubber of one of the tires that didn't look right. Took it to Bristol, the nearest Sixt rental center. They examined it, said they didn't know what it was, upgraded us to a better car and offered us tea. Waved so-long when we left. Lovely people. They signed off that the tire damage was not attributable to us, then emailed the report to me. Six months later, Sixt sent me a bill for $190 for a new tire. I sent them the Bristol report, but they ignored it and continued to send a bill. Then they started phoning me at home. Each time I patiently explained the situation and emailed them the Bristol report. When I stopped taking their calls they threatened to sue me (for $190, mind you!). I could not find a Sixt customer service phone number anywhere, so I used Elliott Advocacy to track down the addresses of senior executives in the US. No response. I did the same thing for the UK and German corporate offices, each time trying customer relations, marketing and the C-Suite. Crickets. The harassing emails and calls continued until July 2019, then stopped. This week I received a notice from a German collection agency instructing me to pay them $190 plus fees and interest for damage that Sixt in Bristol determined two years ago in writing was not attributable to me. Yes, this is bizarre behavior, and all the more so because not a single senior Sixt executive in three countries took the slightest interest in protecting the brand's reputation and maintaining a customer who had previously rented from them in Florida and France. I hope this post will find its way to someone at Elliott or Sixt who can get the collection agency to take me off their list. Rental Agreement: xxxxxxx Damage No. xxxxxx

Note: Edited by Moderator to remove rental agreement and damage numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 28, 2020
Did you receive any responses to your emails at all? Did you add any attachments to your emails? Did you write one at a time?
No responses from anyone in any of the three countries. I included the sign-off from Bristol in my emails. Mails were one at a time, starting with Customer Relations (if available) and escalating to C-Suite level when there was no response.

May 28, 2020
No responses from anyone in any of the three countries. I included the sign-off from Bristol in my emails. Mails were one at a time, starting with Customer Relations (if available) and escalating to C-Suite level when there was no response.
Correction: I received an auto-response from the US Customer Relations email address saying they would get back to me in 24 hours. I never heard from them and sent a follow-up a month later. No response, and so on.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Correction: I received an auto-response from the US Customer Relations email address saying they would get back to me in 24 hours. I never heard from them and sent a follow-up a month later. No response, and so on.
Then write to the next executive we show and tell him the date you wrote, you were told that there would be reply in
24 hours and no one contacted you.

This is how to write:

May 28, 2020
Neil, maybe you misunderstood. The response I received was from [email protected], not from a human contact.An auto-response without a name attached. I followed up to that, and then again a number of times afterward. This was all between August and December 2018. There already is a paper trail.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You wrote to all the contacts, one at a time, leaving at least a week in between letters?

If you have, file a new help request and state you followed the directions of emailing one at a time and have received no response. If the advocates think they can help they will ask for all correspondence .

May 28, 2020
No, I sent the first letter to the same person I contacted two years ago, as you advised. I will update you if I hear from anyone.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Please follow our process as detailed in #5-
Wait a week and then move up to the next executive. Turn wait a week and repeat if necessary.

If any of the contacts are out of date, please report them here:

May 28, 2020
I'm at a dead end. The head of customer relations in the U.S., Vivian Castellat, responded and said the U.S. can't help because the issue took place in the U.K. She said she sent my info to "corporate," but twice declined to say where and to whom. I then sent an email to the only Europe contact on your list, Erich Sixt, the chairman of the company. That email bounced back as undeliverable. ([email protected]). Ideas?

May 28, 2020
I actually just heard from Sixt UK. No idea how that happened, but it did. Problem resolved! Plus, I have a new contact name for you at Sixt UK:

Amy Bond, Senior Executive Manager

Email: [email protected]

Mobile: +44 (0) 7800 511591

Sixt House,
5 Langley Quay
Waterside Drive
Langley
Slough
SL3 6EY

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Vivian probably forwarder your complaint to the appropriate person in the U.K.

Sixt is a company that we often see issues with and little response. I won’t book with Sixt due to that, even when they are the lowest price.

Reactions: dsmith1010