False damage claim from Budget/Viking Billing services

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 29, 2019
Hi received a call from Viking stating that they are collecting on damages done to the rental. However, the rental was not damaged. After receiving what they consider a formal damage claim letter and pictures of the damage I’m really concerned. The pictures they sent is of a car that was in an accident and the damage is pretty bad. Also, the letter was dated July 2019, I rented the car September 2019. In addition, one document states theres a report on file. This is scary the car was returned in excellent condition. How can I dispute this? Should I send a formal email or send a letter in the mail?

Jun 12, 2019
Hi received a call from Viking stating that they are collecting on damages done to the rental. However, the rental was not damaged. After receiving what they consider a formal damage claim letter and pictures of the damage I’m really concerned. The pictures they sent is of a car that was in an accident and the damage is pretty bad. Also, the letter was dated July 2019, I rented the car September 2019. In addition, one document states theres a report on file. This is scary the car was returned in excellent condition. How can I dispute this? Should I send a formal email or send a letter in the mail?
Did you damage the rental? Have them send you the "proof". If the damage is obvious, ask why did they not provide this when you returned the rental. Ask for your rental agreement and see if they put any notes on it. You can also report this to your personal auto or check if your credit card has the damage waiver benefits.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Stop dealing with Viking and start writing to the Executives at Budget. Tell them exactly what you says here- you rented a car in September and they sent you a letter dated July - before you rented the car so if us impossible you damaged the car.

Reactions: R.L.
Jan 3, 2020
I have been dealing with the same thing. Every email I have sent to [email protected] never gets to him.

Who can I contact at Viking to get this resolved? How do I contact the executives? I already contacted Avis.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Viking will not do anything. The Avis executives are the ones who get these things corrected. Viking makes no money if they drop the claim. They are paid a portion of the funds they collect.

Did you write to the executives one at time leaving a week in between each letter?

Reactions: VoR61