Expiring free night at hotels.com

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 20, 2019
I currently have one free night at hotels.com which needs to be booked before June 1, 2020. However, with the coronavirus and stay at home directives I will not be making any travel plans in the near future. I have emailed [email protected] twice since the beginning of April to see if they would extend the expiration date until the end of 2020 but I have not received a reply. I know that things may be hectic at expedia right now and I don’t want to irritate anyone but I am wondering if it may be time to go to the next level by emailing the Director Customer Experience. That person seems to be next in the chain of company contacts. I am looking for suggestions for how to proceed. Thank you.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Is this their rewards program? If so, this is what it says right now. I would suggest you sit and wait until mid-May and see if they change it.

How can I still make use of my Rewards status under the current circumstances?
We know that our Silver and Gold members’ travel plans may have been affected and this may impact their membership status upon renewal. Therefore, if your renewal date is between February 01 and May 31, 2020, we will extend your membership status for another year. That’s one less thing for you to worry about. Check your Rewards status here.

Reactions: jsn55
Sep 20, 2019
That must be something different. I don’t join or renew. If you make reservations and stay 10 nights and you get a free night equal to the average of the 10 nights. They normally do not correspond or reach out so I’m not sure there will be a notification but I guess I can wait awhile. Thanks.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
That must be something different. I don’t join or renew. If you make reservations and stay 10 nights and you get a free night equal to the average of the 10 nights. They normally do not correspond or reach out so I’m not sure there will be a notification but I guess I can wait awhile. Thanks.
I'd just watch the website so you pick up on any new policies. This is a very tough time for communication in the travel biz. I'm sitting on all kinds of goodies at Hilton and IHG that I know will be extended ... it's just something they'll get to eventually.

Sep 20, 2019
Your reply made me go back to the hotels.com website and I found this: (Due to COVID-19, we will be extending nights and reward* nights due to expire between April 2020 and September 2020 by six months. Please allow up to a few weeks for this to be reflected in your account). That certainly answered my question. Thanks for pointing me back to their website. Can’t help but like elliott.org!