Expedia's All Time Low For Customer Service

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Oops! If you are going to be rude, at least do it in a way that isn't provable such as written words. What I find interesting is a company like Expedia wastes everyone's time sending a survey.........clearly they never use the feedback to enhance their customer service.

I know that people have had success with OTAs but I still don't understand the allure of using them. You can go straight to an airline or hotel, get the same price and have direct communication with the company selling the "product" you are buying.

Thanks for sharing the link, @Neil!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Oops! If you are going to be rude, at least do it in a way that isn't provable such as written words. What I find interesting is a company like Expedia wastes everyone's time sending a survey.........clearly they never use the feedback to enhance their customer service.
Customer service? They don't have any. People continue to buy the cheapest available. They even buy tix and make prepaid hotel reservations from OTAs called "CheapXXX". They give these faceless companies all their credit card details. Until travelers wake up and start booking travel 'properly', the OTAs are making millions. And their 'business plan' is sound.

One has to wonder how that conversation went if the Expedia person cancelled the whole thing and used that kind of language. I have a suspicion that it may have been someone's last day of employment and they took out all their frustrations on this poor woman.
I know that people have had success with OTAs but I still don't understand the allure of using them. You can go straight to an airline or hotel, get the same price and have direct communication with the company selling the "product" you are buying.

Thanks for sharing the link, @Neil!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is the second time this week that I've been unable to reply in the proper format. I dunno what's going on, but I did respond to Patina and it seems to be in the gray area above. Hmmmmm ....

Here's what I was trying to reply: Customer service? They don't have any. People continue to buy the cheapest available. They even buy tix and make prepaid hotel reservations from OTAs called "CheapXXX". They give these faceless companies all their credit card details. Until travelers wake up and start booking travel 'properly', the OTAs are making millions. And their 'business plan' is sound.

One has to wonder how that conversation went if the Expedia person cancelled the whole thing and used that kind of language. I have a suspicion that it may have been someone's last day of employment and they took out all their frustrations on this poor woman.

Feb 9, 2016
Another good thing for us to note, idk about 'all', but these call centers have software that DO track the agents clicks. It's one way of tracking agents behavior.

Aug 28, 2015
New York
Another good thing for us to note, idk about 'all', but these call centers have software that DO track the agents clicks. It's one way of tracking agents behavior.
Unfortunately consumers wouldn't be privy to that info. Hopefully this employee was terminated. We will never know.

Reactions: sas80