Expedia/Vacations by Marriott

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 15, 2019
I booked a 7 day vacation to Hawaii. I tried to resolve and update the trip the night before my flight when I realized I was to sick to make the morning flight. I was transferred around for hours. When I asked to speak to a supervisor or someone in the United States I was questioned as to why I needed to speak to a supervisor I continued to request a supervisor until I was hung up on. I have spent 8 hours today trying to receive my $3000 dollars back or change the dates of my trip to no avail. I am constantly getting a rep from overseas who barely speaks English. I have emailed and no one can connect me to the correct department. I need a refund check because I no longer have the credit card I used to purchase. I also bought th insurance but since I disnt have a doctors note I was not allowed to use it. I called both companies many times before my actual trip.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You bought insurance and that is what you need to make a claim through. If you were too sick to travel, you needed to go to a dr. to state that to the insurance company. If you didn’t go to a doctor who diagnosed you as unable to travel- you are pretty much out of luck.

We have company contacts on top of our page for Expedia under online travel booking sites. You can write to Expedia and see if they can do anything.

Feb 24, 2018
NotonVacation, please clarify whether: 1) you are asking for advice about your travel insurance, since you realize you don't have the proper documentation to make a claim; or 2) you don't think it's possible to make a claim on your insurance, so you want advice on requesting a refund from Expedia/ Vacations by Marriott.

Reactions: krisseye