Expedia not refunding cancelled Air Ticket fare. Kindly help

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 2, 2016
Siddhartha, wait the week and if Expedia doesn't reply or gives you "it takes 5-500 days to get a refund" story, then write to the first executive and advise them that because you have continued to get a runaround you have initiated a dispute with your bank.

It may just force Expedia to give you the credit now vs. having a dispute against them. As long as you stated in your dispute with the bank that you canceled in the appropriate time frame and you have their emails that they would refund you and never have, you should be fine:
Hi Neil,

It has been more than a week since I sent the e-mail to [email protected]. Since I have got no response to them, today I have just sent a follow up email with relevant mail-trail to the first executive. I have also stated in the mail today that disputes have already been raised with my bank. Lets see if there is any response from Expedia this time.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do more now.

Thanks
Siddhartha

Aug 28, 2015
New York
@Siddhartha Datta You used PNC bank? Call them and tell them you want to dispute the Expedia charge because the promised refund never appeared. Tell them you notified Expedia and were assured the refund was forthcoming but too much time has passed.
Go into your local branch with:
1. Email confirmation from Expedia of itinerary.
2. Email cancellation confirmation
3. A copy of the Expedia policy and the airline refund policy.
4. Any emails from Expedia confirming you will receive a refund.
5. If you don't have written confirmation from Expedia, type out a brief statement based on what Expedia promised you on the phone and have the bank's notary sign it.
The branch will fax this packet for you to the appropriate department. Wait for the fax transmission and keep a copy of the packet. Also, avoid using your debit card for airline tickets in the future.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
@Siddhartha Datta You used PNC bank? Call them and tell them you want to dispute the Expedia charge because the promised refund never appeared. Tell them you notified Expedia and were assured the refund was forthcoming but too much time has passed.
Go into your local branch with:
1. Email confirmation from Expedia of itinerary.
2. Email cancellation confirmation
3. A copy of the Expedia policy and the airline refund policy.
4. Any emails from Expedia confirming you will receive a refund.
5. If you don't have written confirmation from Expedia, type out a brief statement based on what Expedia promised you on the phone and have the bank's notary sign it.
The branch will fax this packet for you to the appropriate department. Wait for the fax transmission and keep a copy of the packet. Also, avoid using your debit card for airline tickets in the future.
I agree with this.

Reactions: AAGK