Expedia Itinerary modified to a different one than promised

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 16, 2019
Yes I know. Did I make it sound like I was going through another company? Expedia alerted me to the change in itinerary again. And offered a cancellation option, again unable to be done online. :(

Dec 16, 2019
Well, I had some time to sit and call - and I DID get the itinerary refunded. Thanks for everyone's advice. I knew this itinerary was a tricky one. I never imagined all the complications - it seems my new return flight had become a 18+ hour layover or the option of transferring twice within China!! So grateful for the refund.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Well, I had some time to sit and call - and I DID get the itinerary refunded. Thanks for everyone's advice. I knew this itinerary was a tricky one. I never imagined all the complications - it seems my new return flight had become a 18+ hour layover or the option of transferring twice within China!! So grateful for the refund.
Terrific news ... these things can be so tricky some times. And think how much good information you've picked up along the way! Thanks so much for letting us know.

Dec 16, 2019
Another update: I got a reply from the first executive (actually someone from her team) on the Elliott contact list (sent the email before the next change of schedule happened). This person was very friendly and confirmed my refund and cancellation. She also offered me a $25 credit on my account. Real WIN!!