Enterprise DRU 9 months later!!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 21, 2020
Good Afternoon Everyone,

I am in dire need of some guidance regarding Enterprise. My wife and I rented a vehicle for the weekend in June 2019. I had to run to work so I left my wife signing the paperwork. She didn't take pictures which is the first mistake. She walked the vehicle with a new agent (you could tell she was new). The agent used their tool to assess the damage on the vehicle and said the damage that we are now being charged for was within their tool parameters and there was no need to annotate the damage on the form (mistake number 2). I had to return the vehicle to a different Enterprise in the city because I needed a ride to base (mistake number 3). That Enterprise filed a damage claim stating that we damaged the front end of the vehicle. The manager at the location where we rented the vehicle looked into it and determined that the claim was not valid. The claim was cancelled (at least that's what he said) and our deposit was refunded back to us. The claim was even cancelled with our insurance company. Fast forward to April 2020, we receive a bill for over $1500! I immediately reached out to the manager that worked with us last year and of course his memory is lacking. He reached out to the DRU and responded today basically saying that the repair shop determined that the damage warranted repair and it is our responsibility. We didn't damage the vehicle and thought we handled this last July but here we are trying to prove we didn't damage this vehicle.

Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
The following thread will provide you the guidance on how to dispute these claims: