Enterprise Billing 11k

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 12, 2018
I still argue that a properly working, properly maintained vehicle that has not suffered any kind of collision should not overheat. If enterprise’s argument is that the renter should have stopped immediately, whether or not it was safe to do so, my reply is that they should have rented him a working vehicle, and none of this would have happened at all. Again, if the renter hit something that damaged the radiator or other parts of the cooling system, even if he didn’t notice it, they need to show proof of that, and he needs to file and insurance claim. Otherwise, this is not on him, and enterprise should file a warranty claim with the manufacturer.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
As far as I know, those lights come on when you start the car ... and they are telling you that the light works. The whole concept of no gauges is nuts. By the time a light changes color (if it ever does) your engine is probably fried.
The blue light goes out once the car has warmed up. I never see the other light which I assume would be yellow, orange, or red.

Reactions: jsn55 and VoR61
Jul 24, 2019
Update:

On Sunday, I email the second executive on the list for Enterprise. On Monday the area manager reaches out via email. I just recieved another today. Should I try handling the issue with the area manager?

Thanks so far you the help.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
On Sunday, I email the second executive on the list for Enterprise. On Monday the area manager reaches out via email. I just recieved another today. Should I try handling the issue with the area manager?
I can't see that it will hurt, so my vote would be yes.

Sep 27, 2017
One thing that should be dissected is the towing bill. It seems Enterprise didn't even try to mitigate the damages here. The vehicle was towed to New Orleans? Seriously? The tow driver would have had to pass major cities in Louisiana like Lafayette and Baton Rouge, along with several populated "interstate towns". You are going to tell me that Enterprise has zero repair facilities or connections to contracted repair facilities along that 200-mile route? From Lake Charles, Houston might have been a closer option, with Beaumont cutting that distance in half.

Reactions: krisseye and Patina

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Update:

Thanks so far you the help.
Only in writing and if the area manager doesn't help, you would then go to the next Executive on the list and tell them that despite emailing whoever you emails and speaking to the area manager (name) this still hasn't been resolved to our satisfaction.

Reactions: Pixie Pie and VoR61
Jul 24, 2019
Per the incident report, they said it was a
Vehicle was over heating
rock hole in the condenser and a blown head gasket.

I do not recall hitting anything.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Per the incident report, they said it was a
Vehicle was over heating
rock hole in the condenser and a blown head gasket.

I do not recall hitting anything.
Unfortunately, a rock thrown up on the highway could do this type of damage without your being aware of the event. That does not mean it happened when you were renting but it is a type of possible damage. They are charging you for an engine rebuild or replacement.

Sep 12, 2018
It seems like a rock hole in the condenser would have damaged the air conditioning, but I’m having a hard time understanding how that could have resulted in overheating or a head gasket failure. I’m not an automotive engineer, but I work on my own cars and have a reasonable understanding of how they work. If the rock passed through the condenser and also penetrated the radiator, which is generally behind the condenser, then that makes sense. But just the condenser? Maybe someone else can teach me something here... Did you notice the AC stop working?

Reactions: Pixie Pie and VoR61

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
It seems like a rock hole in the condenser would have damaged the air conditioning, but I’m having a hard time understanding how that could have resulted in overheating or a head gasket failure. I’m not an automotive engineer, but I work on my own cars and have a reasonable understanding of how they work. If the rock passed through the condenser and also penetrated the radiator, which is generally behind the condenser, then that makes sense. But just the condenser? Maybe someone else can teach me something here... Did you notice the AC stop working?
The original post said "Coolant was everywhere" so the cooling system was clearly significantly damaged/leaking leading to the overheating and engine failure. The presumed AC condenser was not the main damage that occurred as it would have only affected the AC.

Jul 24, 2019
Unfortunately, a rock thrown up on the highway could do this type of damage without your being aware of the event. That does not mean it happened when you were renting but it is a type of possible damage. They are charging you for an engine rebuild or replacement.

Engine Assembly
Oil change
Eval and recharge of AC
2 gallons of coolant
Misc and shop supplies -- > No itemized break down of this

Jul 24, 2019
Yes, the did get warm in the car.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you ever call the area manager back? I would call him and see what he has to say - write it all down, including his name, te phone number and when you spoke to him - date and time - and if he isn't going to assist you,send that information in writing when you write to the next executive.

Reactions: VoR61
Jul 24, 2019
I CAN NOT EXPRESS THE MY EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW. I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP. I AM VERY EMOTIONAL RIGHT NOW. GOD BLESS THIS THREAD AND HELPING ME THROUGH THIS ROUGH TIME. 11k WOULD HAVE RUINED MY LIFE....

Mrs. Jay,

After doing much research and discussing with our vehicle repair team we agreed the damage would not have been visible at time of rental. The cause of the damages come from underneath the hood and the hole that caused the leak was small so could have taken time before an issue arose. With this information I am reaching out to our risk manager and damage recovery team to let them know not to pursue you for this claim. I will provide you that information as they provide it to me but again we will shut down this claim for customer service. I apologize for the inconvience but wanted to let you know we will not be pursuing you. Please reach out to me if you have any further concerns.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Wow, what great news.

This should re-enforce why we tell people to write to the Executives at the car rental company. They are the ones who usually end these claims- the damage recovery units are paid after they collect. They don’t usually let go because they don’t get paid if they drop the case.