Delta / ASAP Trip to Europe in September

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 26, 2020
My husband, son and I were planning a trip to Europe with our parents this September. We booked our tickets through ASAP travel agency and the flights are on Delta. We need to cancel our trip due to delays in schooling/graduation for my husband related to Covid-19. I tried contacting ASAP and am waiting to hear back to them on our refund or credit options. Delta did have a flight change - We were supposed to go from MSP to Detroit, then on to Munich. Now they've added a stop in Atlanta, but we wouldn't arrive in Detroit in time to catch the flight to Atlanta.

We can take a credit, but obviously a refund would be preferred. I'm not sure whether it's best to try to cancel through the travel agency or through Delta directly. Any advice or tips of good questions to ask would be helpful. Thanks!

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Unfortunately, you need to work through your 'travel agent' ASAP. Since the itinerary is changed significantly, you should be able to request a refund. That being said, you are at the mercy of the terms you agreed to with ASAP. If they are anything like expedia and other online agents, you may have a heck of a time receiving a refund. But, start with them and see where that gets you. Let us know how you progress.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I agree with Patina- if you booked through a travel
agency, an airline won’t usually deal with you directly.

What you are due depends on the type of ticket the agency purchased so you need to work through the agency.

Tell the agency the new flight isn’t acceptable and that you want a refund.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Your flights may be consolidator tickets, not published fares. You may have more difficulty because of this. When I look at ASAP fares this appears:
"We are Searching for The Lowest Unpublished Fares in Our Database."

As others have said, you are stuck working with your travel agency. Delta might tell you if your tickets are published fares.

Last edited:
May 31, 2020
It would not hurt to call Delta and explain the situation, particularly the flight change. If the first Delta agent is not helpful, call back and ask for a Supervisor and explain the situation. You may need to call Delta a couple of times until you reach an agent or supervisor who is helpful.
This may not help but if you get the right person from Delta on the phone it might.
If there is a long wait when calling Delta, they will usually let you provide your phone number and will call you back.

Sep 12, 2015
When the OP talks (or writes) to Delta (or ASAP), they might consider NOT mentioning that they want to cancel due to "...delays in schooling/graduation for my husband related to Covid-19."

Perhaps it would be best to ONLY refer to the change in schedule. It's an impossible itinerary (arriving too late in Detroit to make the new flight to Atlanta), and it likely would result in arrival in Munich several hours later than originally planned. Those should be sufficient grounds to reject the schedule change and get a refund.