DECEITFUL AGENT at businessclass.com

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 7, 2020
Subject: DECEITFUL AGENT

Date: 14 May 2020 at 10:23:14 GMT-7

I bought r/t tickets to Venice, Italy on businessclass.com for my 77-year-old husband and me (71). for a 5/15/20 departure on UAL. I provided doctors’ letters in March saying we would be very much at risk. I have been in touch with the agent daily since then. I only learned yesterday that without my permission the agent CANCELLED our flight on 3/11/20. Am I just out of luck now?

I would appreciate your help and advice very much,

Shana Wilson

Edited to remove posters email address

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 7, 2020
I told the agent at that time and in numerous emails subsequent to that time that I wanted to wait until just prior to my flight to cancel incase the airline cancelled the flight...which it did. He never told me until yesterday that he cancelled WITHOUT my permission on 3/11/20.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I told the agent at that time and in numerous emails subsequent to that time that I wanted to wait until just prior to my flight to cancel incase the airline cancelled the flight...which it did. He never told me until yesterday that he cancelled WITHOUT my permission on 3/11/20.
Than that’s a different story. What was his reaction when you found out he canceled?

I would tell him you expect a refund for the ticket because he canceled it without your permission. You can take him to Small Claims Court, especially if you have multiple emails telling him not to wait.

Is he the agency owner?

Reactions: Barry Graham
Mar 7, 2020
Thank you, Neil.Yes, I have dozens of emails that will prove that I wanted to wait and had no idea that he had unilaterally opted to cancel. I will try to get my credit card company to back me up. And if all else fails I will sue in small claims court.

Nov 22, 2019
After a quick search, some people expressed concerns that the website will only launch soon (Q1 2018, also Q2 2019 for another user).
Did you get receipt from this company with a ticket number or confirmation number?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I think the OP needs to contact their credit card company. I’d like to see confirmations- this doesn’t seem to be a real company. There is no information on contacts or where it is located.

Mrsjerryface, where did you find this company and who charged your credit card? When did you buy the tickets?

Reactions: Barry Graham

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Have you contacted the airline directly to see if your flights have been refunded to the agent? Or do they show you have a credit to use for a future flight?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Shana, I am very concerned about this ... it appears to be a foreign online booking service. I would make one written request to refund your money in five business days. On the sixth day, file a dispute with your credit card company. I hope you are able to get your money back.