DAYS done INN. $100 travesty

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 23, 2020
My 100.00 cash deposit is being kept by the Days Inn by Wyndham in Buena Park, CA for "smoking" when neither I nor the friend that was with me smoke. The hotel said there was plastic over the smoke detector, which I never even noticed, and a small black smudge on a towel or sheet or something that was most likely eye makeup from my friend. Upon attempting to speak to a desk worker and, later in the day, the manager, I was treated like a dirt bag, accused of smoking many times (which was very insulting - I actually quit in August of 2010), and on BOTH occasions had the police called on me only for being a "pest" and not just leaving when asked to leave. All I wanted was for someone to speak to me about the matter and hear me out. I've stayed at this hotel approximately 15 times in the last month and it was only on this last stay (checked in 5/14/20 and checked out 5/16/20) that there was any problem whatsoever.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Be sure and write a very polite and brief letter, no accusations. Back up your letter with your Loyalty # and proof of 15 stays (really?) in the last month. I can only assume you travel for business. Do not mention you EVER smoked, point being you do NOT smoke. Tell them you are a frequent business traveler and have never had an experience like this.

Write your letter and come back and post it here and we can make suggestions for a successful outcome.

May 30, 2019
You should include in the letter your Wyndham Rewards frequent travel number to show that you are a regular guest of the hotel (however, do not post that number on this forum -- if you share a draft of the letter, do not include any Personally Identifiable Information)

Reactions: Patina and jsn55