Damage waiver

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 21, 2020
Rented a car from Enterprise for my daughter purchased cdw while daughter was in spring tx asleep at a friend's house a different person at the house came into her room where she was sleeping took the keys out of her purse and took the car she reported the car stolen they found the car days later it was totaled now Enterprise is saying they won't honor the waiver because she didn't secure they keys and I'm responsible for the car which was estimated at 18000$

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
So, not one person of interest in this case? I would be more worried about my daughter sleeping in a place where anyone can access it. Very scary. Anyway, I agree that this is beyond the scope of this site.....you should contact an attorney.

Reactions: Skippy
Jul 13, 2016
Your daughter filed a police report, correct? Are the police investigating? It seems unlikely that a random stranger entered the house, so it was likely to be someone with access to the house, or staying at the house that night. Your daughter needs to keep on the police to continue the investigation. You could forward a copy of the police report to enterprise and see what they say. In my opinion, unsecured keys are keys left in a public place or lost--not in a bedroom in a private residence.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Rented a car from Enterprise for my daughter purchased cdw while daughter was in spring tx asleep at a friend's house a different person at the house came into her room where she was sleeping took the keys out of her purse and took the car she reported the car stolen they found the car days later it was totaled now Enterprise is saying they won't honor the waiver because she didn't secure they keys and I'm responsible for the car which was estimated at 18000$
Have you contacted your own auto insurance company? Was your daughter's name on the rental contract in addition to yours?