Craftsman tools lifetime warranty scam

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 31, 2020
I tried to exchange a broken “lifetime warranty” Craftsman ratchet wrench so I called the local hardware store that carries Craftsman tools and was told to bring it in for the exchange. The clerk on duty said that they didn’t have a replacement and to call Craftsman warranty at 800-469-4663. I called and was told to call 800-479-6351 and was told that the only way to get the replacement wrench was to to register with ShopYourWay. I objected but to no avail. I visited the ShopYourWay site and contacted Sophie via chat.

Sophie told me to call the -6351 number. I told her that I had and that I just wanted the replacement sent to me with no shipping charges. She assured me that I didn’t have to register with SYW and to call “the Craftsman manufacturers” at 888-331-4569 who would “be glad to help you with the exchange without being paid for shipping or taxes”. I called the number and Dani told me that Sophie was wrong and that I must register with SYW and she set it up for me to simply register and use the points(?) she awarded me and I would receive the ratchet wrench and pay no shipping charges. BTW, the transcript of the chat came from Online Help Desk <[email protected]>

I proceeded to effect the return online only to be advised that I owed $4.80 for shipping. There’s no way that I’m giving these scammers my credit card number. I called back and someone who sounded drunk or whatever put me on hold for 20 minutes before disconnecting. I called again and Lucy insisted SYW was the only way. I told her to close my account. That wasn’t her department, she said, and would transfer me to online sales where I was on hold for another 20 minutes before I hung up. I tried to close the account online but it is not possible.

The ratchet wrench is going in the trash and I will never deal with Sears or any company that carries Sears products ever again.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I tried to exchange a broken “lifetime warranty” Craftsman ratchet wrench so I called the local hardware store that carries Craftsman tools and was told to bring it in for the exchange. The clerk on duty said that they didn’t have a replacement and to call Craftsman warranty at 800-469-4663. I called and was told to call 800-479-6351 and was told that the only way to get the replacement wrench was to to register with ShopYourWay. I objected but to no avail. I visited the ShopYourWay site and contacted Sophie via chat.

Sophie told me to call the -6351 number. I told her that I had and that I just wanted the replacement sent to me with no shipping charges. She assured me that I didn’t have to register with SYW and to call “the Craftsman manufacturers” at 888-331-4569 who would “be glad to help you with the exchange without being paid for shipping or taxes”. I called the number and Dani told me that Sophie was wrong and that I must register with SYW and she set it up for me to simply register and use the points(?) she awarded me and I would receive the ratchet wrench and pay no shipping charges. BTW, the transcript of the chat came from Online Help Desk <[email protected]>

I proceeded to effect the return online only to be advised that I owed $4.80 for shipping. There’s no way that I’m giving these scammers my credit card number. I called back and someone who sounded drunk or whatever put me on hold for 20 minutes before disconnecting. I called again and Lucy insisted SYW was the only way. I told her to close my account. That wasn’t her department, she said, and would transfer me to online sales where I was on hold for another 20 minutes before I hung up. I tried to close the account online but it is not possible.

The ratchet wrench is going in the trash and I will never deal with Sears or any company that carries Sears products ever again.
Craftsman no longer has anything to do with Sears. Sears sold Craftsman to Stanley Black and Decker in 2017 in an attempt to raise money. Sears went bankrupt in Oct 2018 and is unlikely to survive the current business shut-down.