Contract Renewal

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 16, 2018
I switched to Comcast/Xfinity last March with a bundle for cable TV, Internet and Landline telephone. So March 2019 is coming up fairly soon. I've read on your site that Comcast does not have a great reputation for customer service. I have had no customer service or technical service issues in my nine months. Ideally, I'd be happy renewing for another year (or even two years) at the same price. I'm trying to head off a potential problem only, in advance. I have no idea what they'll charge me for my new contract; I'm just assuming the obvious, that they'll notify me in a couple months with their new terms. And a likely increase, shock, shock!

I have no idea if they'll try and jack my price up a lot. I'm not saying they will or that they won't. Just wondering if you folks have any recommendations to keep the price the same, or moderate any price increases. Can one negotiate with them? If they quote a price increase that seems high, are there any ways to keep their service but minimize the (likely) increase? I had been with Wave/Astound for many years, and they were thieves in charging me more than was supposedly agreed to. So my going back to a company that I don't trust isn't a real option, and I've heard AT&T has problems in my area. Bottom line is I'd prefer to stick with Comcast but don't want to be ripped by a (potential, not saying it will happen) large increase. I've paid every bill timely, and not bothered them so they should view me as a good customer, I'd think.

Thanks.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I switched to Comcast/Xfinity last March with a bundle for cable TV, Internet and Landline telephone. So March 2019 is coming up fairly soon. I've read on your site that Comcast does not have a great reputation for customer service. I have had no customer service or technical service issues in my nine months. Ideally, I'd be happy renewing for another year (or even two years) at the same price. I'm trying to head off a potential problem only, in advance. I have no idea what they'll charge me for my new contract; I'm just assuming the obvious, that they'll notify me in a couple months with their new terms. And a likely increase, shock, shock!

I have no idea if they'll try and jack my price up a lot. I'm not saying they will or that they won't. Just wondering if you folks have any recommendations to keep the price the same, or moderate any price increases. Can one negotiate with them? If they quote a price increase that seems high, are there any ways to keep their service but minimize the (likely) increase? I had been with Wave/Astound for many years, and they were thieves in charging me more than was supposedly agreed to. So my going back to a company that I don't trust isn't a real option, and I've heard AT&T has problems in my area. Bottom line is I'd prefer to stick with Comcast but don't want to be ripped by a (potential, not saying it will happen) large increase. I've paid every bill timely, and not bothered them so they should view me as a good customer, I'd think.

Thanks.
What you will find on this site is that some have had issues with Comcast and some have not (obviously the problem show up more on the site). It really depends on the local service office and service techs. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes not. I have had Comcast in central CO for 14+ years. Recently my internet speed dropped a lot. They sent a tech out on Sunday who replaced my modem. This did not solve the problem so I called them Mon AM and they sent another tech out in 30 min. He found an amplifier in the main cable box that was bad and replaced it. The internet speed increased 10-20X. Since you have had no tech problems thus far they have provided you with good equipment and service.

You can call or preferably email Comcast and inquire about your new costs (your contact may actually be for 24 mos-you should check your paperwork) and what deals they may have for renewal. Usually after the initial contract ends the rates go up, but you can commit to another contract that may be more favorable. You can also reach out on social media.
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/comcast/

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I agree with Weilhac ... I've had ComCast at the office for years with only a few problems that were easily solved. It's not too early to call them to say you've "been checking around" and want to know what kind of a deal they'll make for your renewal. Tell them you've been very pleased but are concerned about the pricing on the next contract. You might have good luck with a longer-term agreement for lesser cost. Good luck and please let us know what transpires.