Compromised identity by the W Austin employee. Banned me from property rather than investigate.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 3, 2019
Is a "night auditor" really a thing in the hotel industry?
Yes, it's an actual position, particularly in large hotels. (I'm a former front office manager for a large hotel). They'll typically work an overnight shift, and essentially verify the books and accounting of the day to make sure everything closes out correctly, particularly if there are any conventions or banquets taking place that have a lot of various charges. In smaller hotels the night auditor may just be a desk clerk with the additional auditing duties, but in large properties, it's typically it's own full time position in an administrative office on site, with no guest contact.

Mar 27, 2018
There seems to be a misconception here that I was not wanting to post for the night before. That's false. I made a reservation for the current night as that is all the system would allow me to make. Prior to making the reservation I called ahead to verify the availability for an early late check in. The availability was verified and I made the reservation for the only night the system would allow.
Now where the issue comes into play is the Wednesday night auditor informed me she would have to make a new reservation and backdate it to the previous night as well as for the current day and the next it. So a total of three nights. I informed her I did not want her making reservations for me if she had to do anything to just backdate my existing reservation to the night before and I would clear it up with management when they ride in the morning. however she refused to do this.
What's worse is after explicitly informing her I did not authorize her to make reservations for me she made not one but two. At this point immediately after leaving the property regardless of intention was her actions caused my accounts to be suspended and put into audit. Weather the actions were malicious or an attempt to correct improper actions I should not have had to been penalized for violation of my wishes and unauthorized access to my account. It would have also been that day and proactively been fixed. what resulted the following days was me calling in my account taken out of auditand then placed back into audit. This later for almost 2 weeks. One occasion, after calling in and having my account taken out of audit, before I could even get off the phone with the representative he informed me my account had been placed back into audit. He shockingly informed me it looks like you or someone pretending to be you called in after I took it out of audit. But I've been on the phone with you this whole time, so I don't know who could have called in pretending to be you.

Hopefully that helps clear up a few things.

Mar 27, 2018
So I'm just under 100 n nights this year with Marriott alone. I understand what you're saying, but again a few misconceptions. I only brought up fraud and identity theft after getting an email from Marriott corporate that my reservations requested on points would not be honored due to a security concern. At which point I called in and was told it looked like someone had called in and attempted to make reservations on my account ostensibly to be me. Aka, definition of identity theft.

I brought my concerns up to the property without putting anyone to butane initially and offering supply the copies of the divine is received from Marriott and recorded phone calls to help them investigate. The property refused to accept any of the documents however. It was then after refusing to investigate the issue that I specifically called her out and the assistant manager in a panic just stated your band and hung up the phone on me. That tells me something was going on, and they were aware of it. That would explain their reluctance to investigate the account breach.
I left the review only after exhausting all other options and resigning that nothing would come of it unless I press a local police investigation of the affair, which honestly isn't worth my time.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
So I'm just under 100 n nights this year with Marriott alone. I understand what you're saying, but again a few misconceptions. I only brought up fraud and identity theft after getting an email from Marriott corporate that my reservations requested on points would not be honored due to a security concern. At which point I called in and was told it looked like someone had called in and attempted to make reservations on my account ostensibly to be me. Aka, definition of identity theft.

I brought my concerns up to the property without putting anyone to butane initially and offering supply the copies of the divine is received from Marriott and recorded phone calls to help them investigate. The property refused to accept any of the documents however. It was then after refusing to investigate the issue that I specifically called her out and the assistant manager in a panic just stated your band and hung up the phone on me. That tells me something was going on, and they were aware of it. That would explain their reluctance to investigate the account breach.
I left the review only after exhausting all other options and resigning that nothing would come of it unless I press a local police investigation of the affair, which honestly isn't worth my time.
"without putting anyone to butane initially and offering supply the copies of the divine is received from Marriot " This makes no sense. You should start over and proofread your posts. We are not mind (or "word" ) readers.

Reactions: jsn55
Sep 1, 2018
If you want to know what your TA review looked like to an outsider, it did nothing to deter me from potentially staying at that hotel. I didn't even get through it, because it read like someone just complaining. There is no mention of the quality or comfort of the rooms, parking, noise level, etc.. Your anger and frustration came through loud and clear. If you're upset or emotional about something and want to email about it, don't send it right away until you have a chance to relax and go over it again. Things might look differently.