Comcast

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 3, 2018
I find that Comcast is less than helpful. I'm having issues with my computer mic in Zoom meetings. I've tried an external mic, not connecting on my wireless network and finally, paying $30+ more per month for another Comcast plan. Each attempt has been a little better, but not reliable. My upload speed from the former to the new Comcast plan increased minutely. Has anyone experienced something like this? Any suggestions?

May 15, 2016
Your problem sounds like a computer tech problem not Comcast. Better luck asking on a forum of same brand laptop users.

Last edited by a moderator:

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I find that Comcast is less than helpful. I'm having issues with my computer mic in Zoom meetings. I've tried an external mic, not connecting on my wireless network and finally, paying $30+ more per month for another Comcast plan. Each attempt has been a little better, but not reliable. My upload speed from the former to the new Comcast plan increased minutely. Has anyone experienced something like this? Any suggestions?
Sound issues are frequent on Zoom. Why do you feel this is a Comcast issue? Does your internet connection work with other online programs?

What speed internet service are you signed up for? What download and upload speeds are you actually getting? You need to test the speed with your computer next to your router, not from another room.

Have you tried using an ethernet cable to connect your computer to your cable modem directly and bypassing your wi-fi?

Reactions: Neil Maley

Skippy

May 30, 2019
Have you checked your internet upload speeds on speedtest.net or similar sites?

Dec 19, 2014
I agree with others this does not sound like a comcast issue. It sounds like a Zoom or computer issue.

You do know that you can CALL in to the Zoom conference call using the phone numbers provided?

Reactions: Neil Maley

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Zoom meetings are also dependent on how far you are from your router. My wife hosts weekly zoom meetings and some people have the same problems if they are in a room far from the router. Is your router in the same room you are using with your computer?

jmv

Mar 6, 2019
Audio takes very little internet bandwidth. If the zoom video is working, then the problem is not with your internet connection. As others have stated, most likely a hardware problem.