Comcast says I owe over $1,100

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 29, 2019
I had Comcast a couple years ago and canceled when I was out of contract and the bill had ballooned to nearly $200 a month. I returned the equipment to my local Xfinity store and that was that. Fast forward a bit later and I find out I supposedly owe them for equipment that wasn't returned and past due bills. I tried disputing it through Credit Karma but that was to no avail. Just today I got something in the mail from a debt collector saying I could pay the full amount or 65% of it and be free of it. It's really hurting my credit so I was wondering if there was anything I could do other than paying for equipment I returned to them?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Have you asked for proof of the debt? Did the local store give you a receipt?
Yes, Willie, that's the crux of the matter. If you didn't get a receipt, think up something that would prove you returned the equipment. I'm unclear how long ago you cancelled and took the equipment back. A "couple of years" ago may be a problem.

Jan 11, 2019
I would go back to the place you returned the equipment and talk to them. You should have received a receipt.

Reactions: VoR61