Comcast billing dispute

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 24, 2020
I am being billed for two months of service after Comcast equipment was returned. They claim it is their policy. I requested, by phone, to cancel Comcast service on 1/2/2020--I was switching to ATT. Comcast noted I had no contract and no early term fee. They said I had to complete their disconnect form, which I did. The Comcast rep informed me to return the equipment or I would be billed. The Voluntary disconnect form that Comcast requires you to sign has a 60 day clause and states we will be responsible for amounts due. I feel that we requested cancellation on 1/2, returned the equipment via UPS receipt on 1/21 and that Comcast should cancel the billing as of my cycle date of the 13th of Jan. Instead, I am being billed for 2 months of service because their form says it could take up to 60 days to cancel the service. This is just plain wrong, they should backdate the cancellation which will remove the billing. I sent a certified letter to the CEO of Comcast on 4/29 and received the green card confirming delivery. I have only heard from a collection agency, not from Comcast. I am asking for some help.

Attachments

Jun 24, 2020
While I did not get a response based on my post to the forum, I did write a letter to Mr. Karinshak and explained I was referred to him by Elliott.org. I did finally receive a call from Chris at Comcast who said he has corrected the account and the billing is removed. Thank you to Elliott.org for listing the contact information and the advocacy reputation.