Cheapoair ticketed middle name as "None"

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 14, 2016
Is it just me, or does everyone else notice that the front line staff no longer take the initiative to help customers with what is an obvious mistake with an easy remedy. Is it laziness, don't care attitude or are they simply not empowered to remedy the problem?
Generally, the're not empowered to do so. They are there to spout the corporate policy and that's all they're allowed to do. They often don't have the tools to fix problems and help centers are specifically designed in that way. Companies, especially ones that operate on a budget model, have realized that there's no money in customer service. There's money to be made if you make things difficult (and expensive) if the customer needs additional care. If a front line rep breaks company policy to help, you can be assured they won't be employed the next day.

Then again, I don't know why anyone would use a company with "Cheapo" in the name. I wouldn't go to Cheapo Heart Surgery. I wouldn't use Cheapo Brakes and Mufflers. And I wouldn't use Cheapo Air. When you use a budget company - Cheapo Air, Priceline, WoW, Norwegian Air, Allegiant Air, Spirit, KAYAK, etc. - you're going to get what you pay for. If that's all someone can afford then the onus is on them to educate and protect themselves because their chosen company isn't going to do it for them.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Believe it or not - not everyone HAS a middle name. My mother doesn't!
For some reason, I've remembered this all these years. Read in the Reader's Digest about a guy joining the army. His first name was R, his middle name was B and his last name was Jones. So he filled out the paperwork as R(only) B(only) Jones. And he served as Ronly Bonly Jones for four years. Perhaps this is a lesson to us to remember we're NOT ALL ALIKE!

Reactions: George M