CheapOAir insist all must fly to use the credit

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Woah! The contacts for Fareportal and CheapOAir are comingled on the elliot.org page. Where pray tell are the "correct" contacts for CheapOAir on the elliot.org site? How is a poor jerk like me supposed to know that the contacts on the same page are incorrect? Also, that was my original (3 posts ago) question. Excuse me if I'm feeling frustrated now.
See #19. Per your attached letter you did NOT use Cheapoair. You used CHEAPAIR. They are two completely separate organizations.

"But I have tried numerous times since March to enlist Cheap-Air'scustomer support in helping me with my travel refund, to no avail."

Mailing fareportal about CHEAPAIR will not work any more than emailing AA about a Delta problem will resolve a problem with Delta.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Dear Forum: I've been following this thread for CheapOAir because I have a similar situation, and wondering if I should just tag on here or new thread.

I've been following the general forum suggestions to create a paper trail, and have continued to escalate to Fareportal's leadership. I've escalated (so far with no responses from anyone after a two month's of letters) up to Ruben Bello, Global VP Custermer Excellence. The next step in the escalation process would appear to be to the CEO of Fareportal, Sam Jain. I have tried to be courteous and non-threathening in my letters. I am not having any luck obviously.

My question is should I just continue on this path (which seems unlikely to have any results), or should I now start contating the varioius airlines (Alaska, United, and Turkish) on which CheapO. booked us in January 2020 (and which were Covid-cancelled in March)? Or should I try taking both tracks at the same time.

This is all obviously very time-consuming.

Attached is my last letter sent to Mr. Bello at Fareportal.

Thanks!
You need to review your letter. You reference Cheapair (not Cheapoair) 5 times in the letter. You may have used CheapOair but since you never reference it and referenced only Cheapair, no executive at Fareportal (CheapOair) will reply to you. You need to review your reservation and letter, and then start over.

May 20, 2020
I have some good news to report. CheapOAir has actually refunded all of my booked flights: $2065.00. I just noticed this on my CC. So for those of you still struggling, as is mentioned on the forum so many times, be patient.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I have some good news to report. CheapOAir has actually refunded all of my booked flights: $2065.00. I just noticed this on my CC. So for those of you still struggling, as is mentioned on the forum so many times, be patient.
Zowie! This is GREAT news, I am beyond shocked. Well done. Please promise not to buy anything from a company with the word cheap in its name or logo.

Reactions: SierraRose49