British Airways: Not Honoring Confirmed Tickets

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 3, 2017
I had a CONFIRMED ticket on a British Airways flight, and they DENIED boarding. For complete details on the issue, please see: (removed by moderator)

Nearly 1,000 people have read about this egregious lack of basic customer service.

I never received an apology from British Airways for their strategy of trying to "wear a customer down" so they no longer try to be compensated for a claim. I want an apology and to be properly compensated by British Airways

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This writer is a travel agent
who blogs about travel.

http://travelingprofessor.com/TravelBlog.aspx

While we will not click on your link to read whatever your issue if you refuse to post it here, here is our standard advice:

We have a list of company contacts on top of our page. You can use them to go up the executive chain at BA.

Apr 3, 2016
Well. I found your story on my own. In your posts, you talk about the voucher being redeemed and using a credit card to purchase the original ticket (saying it was paid by credit card). You also say that you showed proof to BA of the new purchased ticket. You neglect to say if your credit card was ever charged for the original ticket. If it was not, then the ticket was not paid for when the person went to the airport. Was the original ticket ever actual charged to your credit card? From reading your story, I get the impression that it was not.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Well. I found your story on my own. In your posts, you talk about the voucher being redeemed and using a credit card to purchase the original ticket (saying it was paid by credit card). You also say that you showed proof to BA of the new purchased ticket. You neglect to say if your credit card was ever charged for the original ticket. If it was not, then the ticket was not paid for when the person went to the airport. Was the original ticket ever actual charged to your credit card? From reading your story, I get the impression that it was not.
If you have questions from the story, this is exactly why we need the Professor to post it here and provide those details- because we are going to ask you for all this information. We need the full story and all details to be able to assist.

But our answer is going to be to use our company contacts and start writing. We teach you to self advocate first and will give you advice on how to write an effective letter based on your situation. If writing to the first contact doesn't work , which is always customer service, then its time to start with the executives. Start at the bottom and leave one week in between letters. If you get past the CEO with no results, then we get more involved.