BBB Issues Warning About Booking Payless Car Rental

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
And if you look at the complaints we have here, Sixt is becoming another one to be wary of.

You absolutely must protect yourself nowadays when renting a car to avoid these unscrupulous rental agencies. We have a thread tacked to the car rental forum here on what to do to protect yourself when renting a car that everyone should read and follow.

Reactions: jsn55
Jul 27, 2016
And if you look at the complaints we have here, Sixt is becoming another one to be wary of.

You absolutely must protect yourself nowadays when renting a car to avoid these unscrupulous rental agencies. We have a thread tacked to the car rental forum here on what to do to protect yourself when renting a car that everyone should read and follow.
Sixt varies a lot. They've still got some franchise locations in the US that are pretty dubious. Their major airport locations (LAS, LAX, etc.) can be excellent, though - MB/BMW for Chevy/Ford rates.

Reactions: George M
Aug 29, 2015
North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Sixt varies a lot. They've still got some franchise locations in the US that are pretty dubious. Their major airport locations (LAS, LAX, etc.) can be excellent, though - MB/BMW for Chevy/Ford rates.
I've dealt with them several times in Tampa and, except for badly translated grammar in some of their promotional material, they have been exceptional.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I try to avoid doing business with any entity that has the words cheap, discount, rock bottom, absolutely lowest rates ... or any of those other dopey words in their title. I don't like to be cheated, I want to give my money to a business that has a fairly good chance of treating me well. And I probably end up spending $500 more per year for my choice ... 10 trips annually ... I think that's a fair price for quality.

Reactions: joycexyz