BA Problem

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 18, 2016
Carmel, CA
www.fourwindstravel.com
BA owes us moola. Said in writing they'd pay up by the end of June. No refund yet. My agency paid off the group. Waiting on BA. Wrote to the CEO off of your list. Still no funds. What can we do to get our funds which BA has approved months ago?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
BA owes us moola. Said in writing they'd pay up by the end of June. No refund yet. My agency paid off the group. Waiting on BA. Wrote to the CEO off of your list. Still no funds. What can we do to get our funds which BA has approved months ago?
You will likely need to wait 30-90 more days. Things are moving very slowly. None of the airlines are processing things quickly, plus they do not have much liquidity.

Since you started writing to the CEO you really have nowhere else to go unless you start over at the first level of cust serv. But even if you get a response it will still take 30-90 more days to get paid.

Sep 27, 2018
You'll need to supply some details for the staff to help. Need the dates of the flights, did you cancel the flight or did BA cancel? Dates of when you talked to BA. If you had read the instructions, you start at the lowest level and work your way up the chain of command. That works for any business, start with the front line and then go to their boss.

Reactions: jsn55

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You started with the CEO instead of starting at the bottom of the executive list?

Every travel supplier is taking up to 90 days for refunds and they work on a earliest date basis. There is just not unlimited cash available for immediate refunds.

I would advise you to be patient and give it at least another month.

Jul 18, 2016
Carmel, CA
www.fourwindstravel.com
You'll need to supply some details for the staff to help. Need the dates of the flights, did you cancel the flight or did BA cancel? Dates of when you talked to BA. If you had read the instructions, you start at the lowest level and work your way up the chain of command. That works for any business, start with the front line and then go to their boss.
Looking for advice for now. We have all the paperwork including more than one email telliing us we'd receive our deposit refund by 30 June. So difficult for a small agency like ours to let BA borrow our money at zero interest.

Reactions: FrankL183

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Looking for advice for now. We have all the paperwork including more than one email telliing us we'd receive our deposit refund by 30 June. So difficult for a small agency like ours to let BA borrow our money at zero interest.
Without any information about the flights, not much advice will be forthcoming. Did BA cancel or did you? If BA canceled then in theory you are due a refund, but Air Canada and some EU airlines are refusing to refund flights canceled by the airlines. If you are due a refund because BA canceled flights then you should file a DOT complaint. If you canceled you are due a voucher not a refund.

Reactions: FrankL183
Jul 18, 2016
Carmel, CA
www.fourwindstravel.com
Without any information about the flights, not much advice will be forthcoming. Did BA cancel or did you? If BA canceled then in theory you are due a refund, but Air Canada and some EU airlines are refusing to refund flights canceled by the airlines. If you are due a refund because BA canceled flights then you should file a DOT complaint. If you canceled you are due a voucher not a refund.
We have lots of documentation from BA saying they would pay us by 30 Jun. That date came and went with no funds returned. BA has admitted they owe us money and they promised to pay. No moola yet. Like your idea about the DOT.

Sep 27, 2018
Sorry didn't mean to be insulting, but if you follow Neil's advice it is the best method for getting a positive resolution. I know at my company the only complaints that got our CEO's attention were from large customer CEOs. Even then, the message that came down was do your due diligence and give me a report. Hope you get a positive resolution.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
jsn is correct. If you are a travel agent, this is a business to business transaction which we don’t advocate.

But as an agent, you should also know many suppliers are taking 90 days or more for refunds.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We're a small botique travel agency. Haven't seen an airline rep in over 10 years!
Haven’t you been dealing with a lot of cancellations? None of the suppliers are able to simply refund everyone. Cruise lines are up to 90 days. You’ll just have to wait it out.

We wouldn’t have refunded anyone until we received the credit.But we also don’t accept cash from clients either - we insist the client use their own credit card to pay and this is exactly why. Clients lose chargeback rights if they pay us directly.

Reactions: Carrie Livingston

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
We're a small botique travel agency. Haven't seen an airline rep in over 10 years!
Am I reading this right? You refunded the client before BA refunded? Why would you do that? How do you know that BA won't refund each tix separately and bypass you? I hope you find out who your BA rep is pretty soon.

Jul 18, 2016
Carmel, CA
www.fourwindstravel.com
Hi All,

Thanks for responding to my BA problem. The other day funds actually showed up in FourWinds Travel's checking account. Unfortunately, BA did not fully refund the agency! They were $1000 shy! We are not a bank. We're still waiting for the remander of the money owed us.