Avis Car Rental Problem

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 28, 2020
I received a letter yesterday 4/27/2020 asking for $452.33 for rental car damage. They did not list a date or location. There is a Rental agreement number and a claim number mentioned. The last time I rented from Avis was August of 2019 in San Diego. There was no damage done while it was in my possession. Unfortunately, I didn't take pictures and I have rented on and off for 30 years and have never faced such ordeal. I have emailed Avis customer service and I am awaiting a reply.

Note: Moved by a moderator to new thread from this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Follow this thread to a tee-

Apr 28, 2020
Monday 4-27-20- I sent a email to customer service. Tuesday, 4-28-20, I received two replies on that same day from Avis Email Customer service (two different individuals). The first said that he did not see by referencing my case number that they were attempting to charge me for damage. The second reply stating that I must contact and deal with Sedgwick. I did not. On Tuesday, 4-28-20, I emailed the bottom listed Avis Exec. and I received a auto reply from Avis Legal that he is no longer employed there. I then emailed the next Exec. up the chain (EVP, Chief HR Officer.) I got a reply from a member of Avis Customer Service Escalation Team who said they have contacted the claims mgr to investigate the matter further. Thursday 4-30-20- I Just received a phone call from Sedgwick where a Recovery Claims Examiner for Sedgwick said after further review, I will not be charged. Followed by an email that states that "Sedgwick provides claims administration services for Avis. Sedgwick is not an insurer or insurance company. Please be advised, upon further review, this claim has been closed. Should you have further questions or need additional documentation, please contact us at the below address". He told me that I AM NOT BEING CHARGED! Thanks for your forum!! Can't believe it resolved itself in 4 days!