An Inacurrate Itinerary cost us $3000 - Expedia did attempt to notify and we forgot to call back

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
That's not completely fair, honestly... I don't threaten to sue everyone that irritates me. But I do get your point. When you have legal training, it does make it a lot easier to want to jump into "I'll deal with this MY way".
The point here is that when you combine the username with her statement "I will await a response within 10 days before seeking third-party assistance", there is a strong appearance of a legal threat . . .

Sep 27, 2018
Is your browser configured with a cache, and if so, does it respect cache expiration headers from web sites or does it override them to save bandwidth?

Your browser may be showing older results and not updating them if it is configured that way.
Is there an easy way to make sure this doesn't happen. Does clearing browser history help or using Google Incognito to call up the website?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Is there an easy way to make sure this doesn't happen. Does clearing browser history help or using Google Incognito to call up the website?
Calling Expedia back if they call you would most likely have resulted in this not happening . I still can’t get over the fact that they called the OP. That almost never happens.

Sep 25, 2018
Did Westjet offer you another flight or to go the next day? As they cancelled the flight and picked a random date for you they had the obligation to make sure you got home.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did Westjet offer you another flight or to go the next day? As they cancelled the flight and picked a random date for you they had the obligation to make sure you got home.
No they don’t. When they cancel a flight they ha e to do one of two things - get you a seat on their next available flight (which could be several days later because flights are often fully sold out) or provide you with a refund.

Reactions: VoR61
Sep 25, 2018
No they don’t. When they cancel a flight they ha e to do one of two things - get you a seat on their next available flight (which could be several days later because flights are often fully sold out) or provide you with a refund.
That was my point, did Westjet offer to get them home or did they call them no-shows, and if they did offer them a different day and they refused then they really have no argument.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The flight was canceled way before she even got to the airport. Expedia contacted her and I suspect would have given her alternatives but she never called Expedia back. At that point. Westjet didn’t owe her anything since they notified Expedia they flight was canceled. All they owed by then was a refund.