American Express Serve card

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 30, 2019
On February 26th 2018 I filed my taxes with Jackson Hewitt which they provided me with a American Express card well I went to court on February 28 which I sighed a plea for 1-3.75 years which I got 2years well Jackson Hewitt gave me a temporary American Express card and told me I would receive my permanent card therw the mail well I got sentence to 2years in the department of corrections on the 28th of February 2018 all my belongings stayed at the address I was staying at which my personal documents we're stolen when I got out of prison on September 12th 2019 I discovered my American Express card had been used which had my tax return in it 8,300 well I filed a dispute for all the transaction on there I showed all documents proving to them that I was in facted in prison when those transaction were made but I got denied because some transaction were made from a atm and using an ATM u have to have a pin so they thought I must have provided them with the pin which I didn't nobody has access to use my card my identity was stolen with all my belongings when my property was tooken well I filed a police report and an stolen identity report well I reaopened my dispute and I want to no what else do I have to so I can get my money back please respond back to me and let me know what i have to do

Edited by a moderator to move to new thread

Last edited by a moderator:

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018
When did you file a dispute with Amex? These investigations can take a while, especially when a crime like identity theft is involved. You returned sometime in mid September, so I'm guessing the dispute investigation has only been active 30 or so days. At this point all you can do is wait for the investigation process to run its course.

Sep 20, 2018
In the case of the Serve card you have 2 days to inform them of an unauthorized transaction after you discover it, and that can be no later than 60 days after it was listed on your statement. (usually online) They do make exceptions for a "good reason" such as a hospital stay or "long trip", after which they will extend the deadline for a "reasonable period". I do not know if they will consider prison a "long trip", nor did you say when the fraudulent transactions were run.

https://www.serve.com/legal/AmexServe/#unauthorized_transactions

Reactions: VoR61
Apr 3, 2020
I have never had problems with Amex Serve until March 20th 2020. My card would not work, so I sat on the phone for two hours until a rep told me my account was permanently suspended for violating section 15d of the user agreement, she told me I would have to write them to receive the reason. I have done nothing out of the ordinary, nothing. So when do you send me my money that’s remaining? $380.00 to be exact, they will mail you a check, I have not received a check as of today. There are numerous accounts of people going through, or have already gone through this. How many more people does it take before a class action law suit against AMEX SERVE is started! You just can’t keep people’s money because you make up some bogus reason. Keep your card! Where is my money! I have to wait another two weeks to get paid! Such a heartfelt company during Covid-19!!!

Jun 5, 2020
Has anyone managed to get their money back??? My account was closed as soon as I received a $1000 direct deposit a month ago. I've called and they asked me to mail their customer support in Georgia. I did that and haven't heard back. Has anyone else had their account closed and been able to get their funds back? This is insane I can't believe it. I mean if you want to close my account go ahead but let me withdraw MY FUNDS. Give me my money back you theives!!!!!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We have many complaints about this card. Please take a look at some of our other cases. Not too many reports of success.