Amazon revoked my gift card and won't refund it. What can I do?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 14, 2020
Have you taken the receipt and returned to the retailer with the evidence that the card was drained before you used it? It may be helpful to have a police report -- not that the police will do anything about it, but it is the point of making an official report that may help your case with the seller of the card.
Yes and they said I have to deal with Amazon.. its a small store

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
NAPLES FL or Denver CO
Have you taken the receipt and returned to the retailer with the evidence that the card was drained before you used it? It may be helpful to have a police report -- not that the police will do anything about it, but it is the point of making an official report that may help your case with the seller of the card.
In today’s world I am just not sure a person can prove a negative ( ‘I did not use those dollars’ ) to a retail store, to their satisfaction, that they can trust you. Even with a police report when it is widely known that the police are NOT going to investigate.
This is just a sad situation which is why I feel like Amazon is shirking their duty to find out what is going on. I mean, it’s not like any of us think that amazon does not know exactly who it was who used those doallles and received the merchandise.

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Yes and they said I have to deal with Amazon.. its a small store
I would file a police report. Have you written to Stop and Shops Corporate offices? It doesn’t matter if it’s a small store- if the cards in that store are compromised, you shouldn’t be stuck holding the bag because the store refuses to deal with a problem.

Reactions: BittyBoo