Amazon gift card

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 23, 2017
hey chris good day to you im juts writing to let you know that my brother and i are also victim of amazon they put our accounts on hold and take away our 300 gift card balance each i cant understand them i work hard for my money and honestly we cant afford to lose them if you and your team can assist us in anyway that would be so greatfull i have the gift card picture if you need them

Feb 23, 2017
hey chris good day to you im juts writing to let you know that my brother and i are also victim of amazon they put our accounts on hold and take away our 300 gift card balance each i cant understand them i work hard for my money and honestly we cant afford to lose them if you and your team can assist us in anyway that would be so greatfull i have the gift card picture if you need them

Feb 23, 2017

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Hi, Steve-

Welcome to our forums. I noticed you posted this same question three times. It isn't necessary to post that many times in different spots. One post is fine.

We and have multiple posts in the forums about people having the same problem with Amazon gift cards. I suggest that you review those posts for advice on what to do. Amazon has been less than forthcoming about these problems and we don't get answers from them. You can use what you find in previous posts and try to use those to contact Amazon.

John Galbraith

Staff Member
Advocate
Director
Jan 22, 2017
Poole
Hi Steve/Romaine

Here is the link to the pages Neil is referencing - have a read.

http://forum.elliott.org/forums/amazon.83/

Sadly this does seem to happen often and people do not get a satisfactory response but you have nothing to lose in writing to them. Write a short polite letter asking for either the gift balance to be restored and the account taken off hold or for a case refund.

The contacts are at the top of this page under internet .

P.s as Neil says you don't need more than one post or for that matter to use more than one user name.

Feb 23, 2017
its not two post by the same person we are brothers and its happen to us yesterday we was only buying birthday gifts for our nephew who's becoming a doctor and he is the first in the family to attend medical school so it was just a big sacrifice we all made but its seem in vain now

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
There were 3 posts two by you and one by your brother. But don't totally give up hope, try to use some of the suggestions in the other posts.
its not two post by the same person we are brothers and its happen to us yesterday we was only buying birthday gifts for our nephew who's becoming a doctor and he is the first in the family to attend medical school so it was just a big sacrifice we all made but its seem in vain now
were 3

Reactions: John Galbraith
Feb 23, 2017
Yes my bad I didn't know where to post and I'm sorry for that but I read most replies from others and I don't ever see were Amazon ever once assist anyone in getting back their money so is this a new way of stealing and getting away with it

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What you can do after you try some of the suggestions is file a complaint with the Attorney General in your state. I believe what Amazon does is not fair because their tactics hurt those who are not scamming anyone. If enough people file complaints with their AG, maybe they'll do something.

Feb 9, 2016
What was the source of the gift cards?

If you purchased the gift cards from a third party seller (resale gift cards sold at a discount) they are most likely fraudulent cards and this is why your account got locked down, because of fraud.

If you purchased the gift cards using bit coin, they are most likely fraudulent cards and this is why your account got locked down, because of fraud.

If you purchased the gift cards from a reputable third party seller, I suggest you dispute the charge with your bank (paid via debit card) or your credit card company paid via credit card). If you paid cash as a walk in consumer, I suggest you go back to the store you purchased from and speak with them as they obviously have issues with their cards. If you have the actual card, keep it.

When people post on these boards about gift card situations, the situation is that usually these cards were purchased from a reseller at a discount and the consumer is unaware that the card is fraudulent. If this is the case with you, you need to address this issue with the reseller directly.

Since the card was already used, your attempt to use it is considered fraud and, therefore, your account violates Amazons TOC and is closed. Any remaining balance is seized. If you want that balance back, you need to seek a lawyer and/or file with the atty general.

Feb 9, 2016
What was the source of the gift cards?

If you purchased the gift cards from a third party seller (resale gift cards sold at a discount) they are most likely fraudulent cards and this is why your account got locked down, because of fraud.

If you purchased the gift cards using bit coin, they are most likely fraudulent cards and this is why your account got locked down, because of fraud.

If you purchased the gift cards from a reputable third party seller, I suggest you dispute the charge with your bank (paid via debit card) or your credit card company paid via credit card). If you paid cash as a walk in consumer, I suggest you go back to the store you purchased from and speak with them as they obviously have issues with their cards. If you have the actual card, keep it.

When people post on these boards about gift card situations, the situation is that usually these cards were purchased from a reseller at a discount and the consumer is unaware that the card is fraudulent. If this is the case with you, you need to address this issue with the reseller directly.

Since the card was already used, your attempt to use it is considered fraud and, therefore, your account violates Amazons TOC and is closed. Any remaining balance is seized. If you want that balance back, you need to seek a lawyer and/or file with the atty general.

Reactions: jsn55
Feb 9, 2016
I purchased the cards from a 7eleven store in Orlando I still have the actual cards and receipt
First thing I would do is go back to the 7-11 store and tell the manager that, when you attempted to use the cards, Amazon shut down your account because they were fraudulent, and ask for your money back. Bring a print out of your email from amazon and the cards with you. Ask for a refund or ask for replacement cards and open a new amazon account with a different email address.

If the manager says no, and you charged them, open a dispute with your credit card. If you used your debit card, call your bank and see if they will dispute the debit. If you paid cold cash then you are going to have to appeal to Amazon and file with the atty general.

Feb 9, 2016
Can you post (copy/paste) here the email from amazon that alerted you that your account has been placed on hold?

Feb 9, 2016
In the store they have a sign said no returned or refund so what next
This is simple contract law.
You contracted with 7-11 for a service and 7-11 agreed to that service.

The contract was that you were going to give 7-11 money in exchange for an amazon gift card worth $xxx in value.

The actual contract is valid and proven by the fact that you have the card and the receipt of purchase from 7-11. This indicates that both parties agreed to the transaction.

They didn't hold up their end of the contract. They VIOLATED the terms and conditions of the contract. Therefore, you are due a refund. This is what you need to tell them.

If they don't budge I suggest you file a police report claiming theft. That would be a GREAT way to proceed.

Feb 9, 2016
Ok I'm going to call the store
I would call and set up an appointment with the manager, then take everything down there and talk to him about it. Ask him for what you want as a resolution.

As you now know, gift cards on those display cases are prone to theft because the numbers and security codes are easy to copy down and then the thieves go online and sell the information at a discount claiming a valid card. The card is attempted to be used on Amazon and is marked as fraudulent. You come along and purchase the actual card and that card/card number is already linked to fraud, so your account gets locked.

Can you paste the email amazon sent you, or upload a screen shot, alerting you that your account was shut down?

Have you attempted contact with amazon explaining that you can prove these are valid cards and send them a copy of the receipt and the front and back of the card?

Feb 23, 2017
All now Amazon don't send that email is when i tried log into the account it says its locked and I call they say the account and order is on hold and collect my info about billing address

Feb 9, 2016
All now Amazon don't send that email is when i tried log into the account it says its locked and I call they say the account and order is on hold and collect my info about billing address
I'm confused, why is it that you assume it is the Amazon gift card that is the issue with this situation?