Airbnb Refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 17, 2020
Hi,

I was able to get a credit for Airbnb but not the amount credited back to my credit card. I have tried multiple times following up with Airbnb and they say this process cannot be reversed and that I'm stuck with the credit. The options I was presented with were get $0 back on my card or a credit refund but never any option to get the money refunded to my credit card. I would like it refunded to my credit card.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We need much more information. Did you book a nonrefundable rate? What was the cancellation policy of the rental you chose and when did you cancel?

Airbnb is not much more than an online ad service. They can’t force an owner to refund your money.

May 17, 2020
This was the cancelation policy of my booking:
Free cancellation for 48 hours after booking. After that, cancel before 3:00PM on Jun 2 and get a 50% refund, minus the service fee.

I canceled on May 2nd. My travel dates were June 9th-17th.
The reservation does qualify under their covid extenuating circumstances policy. The reason they seem to not refund to the card is because they cannot reverse the Airbnb credit.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Unfortunately, their “policy” doesn’t guarantee a refund- it tells you a refund OR credit and then there is this:

How it works

If you cancel, your refund is determined by your host’s cancellation policy. We'll show your refund breakdown before you confirm your cancellation. Airbnb refunds all service fees in the form of a coupon.

If the cancellation policy doesn't provide a full refund at the time you cancel, you’ll be given an option to ask the host for a full refund before you finalize the cancellation.

Have you used our Company Contacts?

Reactions: Patina