Air france confirmation. Last name spelled incorrectly missing 1 letter. Air France says the ticket is complicated with layover.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 28, 2020
name change Resulani to Resuljani being denied by airline, ticket now invalid. Would like to reach out to AirFrance executives for help. Travel agency won't help. willing to pay the extra charge but airline won't work with me at all.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You have 24 hours to correct a mistake like this. After that, the airlines require you to buy a new ticket so you have to cancel and rebook. Did you notify them within 24 hours of the day you booked?

justlisa

Feb 12, 2019
If you used a travel agency - did you give them the correct spelling or incorrect spelling?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
name change Resulani to Resuljani being denied by airline, ticket now invalid. Would like to reach out to AirFrance executives for help. Travel agency won't help. willing to pay the extra charge but airline won't work with me at all.
What is your itinerary? The 24 hr reg is the USA regulation. If you booked in the US you have/had 24 hours to cancel or correct your booking without penalty. If you are not in the US or 24 hrs have passed, you will need to cancel your ticket (with penalty) and rebook at the current prices.

Here are the AF contacts: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/air-france/

May 28, 2020
the mistake was mine - keyboard error i noticed after 24 hours. i understood this forum may work to help me resolve with air france . i am aware the mistake was mine.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Use the company contacts on post 5 and ask then to make an exception since it’s a small change and you are willing to pay a fee for the correction. This is how to write:

If they still refuse, ask about canceling and rebooking. They will charge a cancellation fee and you world have to pay current prices but they will use whatever is left after cancellation fees and use it towards the new ticket.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
not being offered to cancel and rebook. i would do that
After 24 hours you have no choice but to cancel, pay a fee, and rebook at current prices. You can cancel on the AF web site or use the contacts above.
Elliott.org cannot fix this. The same thing would happen with all airlines in the US.

Last edited:
Reactions: GR01973

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Advocates....isn't there usually the ability to correct a name past the 24 hour rule if its only one letter? This is the case with the OP.

May 28, 2020
they will not allow me to cancel and pay the fee. i asked yesterday and was told ticket is non cancellable. i have a email to air france executive- one came back undeliverable the other i am hoping for a reply. thank you for the feedback.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Did you book directly through Air France? This doesn’t make sense that you can’t cancel and repurchase.
He may have booked a use it or lose it fare.

• Cancellation is not possible
  • Change ticket at no extra charge
  • No refund if you missed your flight

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Then you need to deal with Cheapo Air, not the airline. Who have you been calling- AirFrance? The airlines won’t deal with you if you did not book directly.

Was this a special rate?

You need to go to Cheapo and ask them if they can help.
We have company contacts and if you go to online travel agencies you can find the contacts for Cheapo.

May 28, 2020
started with cheap o who put in a waiver request, air france denied the request. i called cheap o and they said work with airline have the ticket cancelled and reissued. air france said no sorry we can’t do that this ticket is not cancelled unless airfrance cancelled the flight. i called cheap o back and they suggest i go to airport on day of flight and work with them. i don’t like that option as i took 3 weeks off and don’t want to go to airport on a maybe you will get lucky. i believe i can get a voucher with covid but that would have the incorrect name as well

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Oh dear, for a moment I thought there might be hope, but there's no help from the airlines if you used an online booking service. Occasionally a small error like this will be fixed by an airline, but only if you booked direct. I'm so sorry. Cheapo is your only hope. I doubt they can do anything, but you have to ask.

Reactions: ADM and Patina

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
So we now know that this is a ticket purchased through CheapOair involving AF and Italia, with an incorrect name on all tickets, and a non-cancellable ticket class.
If you wish to make this trip you need to purchase a new ticket directly through the airlines and worry about any refund (very unlikely) in the future.

CheapOair (note the name) sold you a rock bottom non-refundable, non-cancellable ticket in a name that is not yours. You accepted the terms when you clicked purchase, and you have a ticket that has no value.

Your choices are to walk away from this travel, or to buy a valid ticket from the airlines.