Accused of damage - but no proof?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 27, 2019
Hello,
I have been accused of returning a car with a damaged windshield. I am 99.99% certain there was nothing at all wrong with the windshield when I dropped the car off in Tampa. (I know I should have taken pictures, but I didn't) I had LDW so the claim will be covered. However, is it unreasonable to ask Hertz to be able to provide me with a picture of the damaged that they are accusing me of making? I have asked but was told that they don't take pictures of damaged windshields. I would like to see if this is a small crack that could have been overlooked by myself, or if this is more significant damage that I would have noticed.
Am I being unreasonable?