Accidentally booked wrong date, called immediately to cancel and then told impossible!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 22, 2020
Caught in a snowstorm during a return trip home, and searched for an emergency hotel. Found Priceline offer for less than the regular hotel rate. Booked but realized it was for the following day and obviously useless. Communicated with Priceline support right away and were told they would get back to us the next day. Spoke with them the next day and heard the same. Third communication was a no to any refund. Have been emailing them trying to get a refund and told it's 'impossible'.

The booking was made accidentally under duress and contacted to cancel immediately.
Were told by two of their agents that they'd get back to us with resolution and were ignored.

Any chance I have to get it back?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you choose a non-refundable rate? If you did- not much chance but you should use our company contacts and give it a try anyway. Admit your mistake and ask for them to make an exception. It will probably be up to the hotel.

This is how to write:

Sep 19, 2015
Caught in a snowstorm during a return trip home, and searched for an emergency hotel. Found Priceline offer for less than the regular hotel rate. Booked but realized it was for the following day and obviously useless. Communicated with Priceline support right away and were told they would get back to us the next day. Spoke with them the next day and heard the same. Third communication was a no to any refund. Have been emailing them trying to get a refund and told it's 'impossible'.

The booking was made accidentally under duress and contacted to cancel immediately.
Were told by two of their agents that they'd get back to us with resolution and were ignored.

Any chance I have to get it back?
What do you mean by less than regular hotel rate? Had you looked at other rates and rejected those?

Was this an opaque choice?

leave out the under duress part --there was no threat of violence etc and you willingly went to Priceline versus booking directly with hotel.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
Agree with @Christina H about the duress.....that argument becomes void when you say you found the rate lower on Priceline than on the hotel’s website (or a direct call to their reservation line). You had enough time and presence of mind to ‘shop’ around.

Jan 22, 2020
Thank you Neil, Christina and Patina! I will follow that template and see if i can get any further. To answer the other question, it was around $100 on priceline and $130 directly at the hotel. From my attempts and your info I assume I have almost zero chance to get it back but i'm happy to make the attempt out of principle. Thanks!