Acceptable, fast resolution

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 29, 2019
Just wanted to post a thank you to Elliott Advocacy and the forum for all the information that helped me resolve my issue with AA to my satisfaction.

Problem: After a weather-related canceled flight, AA booked us on a Delta flight early the next morning (tickets printed by AA at the check-in desk and handed to me). When I arrived at the airport my family of three was told by Delta they have no record of us. Turns out Delta rejected the request from AA, but no one ever told me. Long story short, had to rent a car and drive from South Bend, IN (very few flight options) and AA booked us on a United flight out of Chicago.

Action: Following all the advice seen here, wrote a somewhat concise letter (sent to first person on AA email list) and stated how while I understand the weather cancellation of our first flight was out of AA's control, the rescheduling of the subsequent flight could have been handled better as my family was at the airport at 4:30am for a flight we were never actually confirmed for, even though I was given tickets in hand. Also, the subsequent customer service phone calls weren't all that helpful as I had to come up with the idea to drive to Chicago rather than spend a second extra day in South Bend. I asked to be reimbursed for my extra night hotel ($120), car rental ($85), and the $60 per ticket I paid United to get on a much early flight out of Chicago than what AA booked for me (11am vs 8pm).

Response: A representative called me almost exactly 24 hours later. Apologized for the confusion with the Delta flight. She made clear they wouldn't be reimbursing me for my expenses but offered me the following: $600 voucher for the inconvenience/misunderstanding regarding the Delta flight and to reimburse me for the first portion of my trip that I had to drive myself instead of AA flying me (since my original flight was booked via points, they refunded me a total of about 20,000 points).

Outcome: I felt the offered compensation was fair (I accepted) and everything was handled in a timely and friendly fashion. Thanks to all at Elliott Advocacy for the wealth of information that was necessary to reach an acceptable conclusion.

Sep 27, 2017
Elliott has bailed me out multiple times. I'm addicted to reading daily, and almost daily I learn something new. In the past 4-5 years, I've handled my own disasters with Sears, Charter, Dish Network, and - just two months ago - FedEx. I nominate Elliott's self-help tools for their own Infinity Stone!

Sep 27, 2018
kdub83. One point to add is that the successful resolution was a result of being reasonable in your demands and realizing you got a fair deal.

Reactions: ADM