Accept flight schedule change?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 13, 2019
Myself & extended family members received an email from Frontier informing us that they have changed our departure times (we are traveling on different dates to same destination), all are under a 6 hour change. If we don't hit the "accept change" button, is that like us canceling our flights? I am waiting for Frontier to cancel us, in order to get a refund instead of a voucher. Do we just accept the change, & hope the flights are canceled by the 4/22 travel date? I see nothing in the contract of carriage that answers this.
Many thanks to all of you! Terry

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Myself & extended family members received an email from Frontier informing us that they have changed our departure times (we are traveling on different dates to same destination), all are under a 6 hour change. If we don't hit the "accept change" button, is that like us canceling our flights? I am waiting for Frontier to cancel us, in order to get a refund instead of a voucher. Do we just accept the change, & hope the flights are canceled by the 4/22 travel date? I see nothing in the contract of carriage that answers this.
Many thanks to all of you! Terry
Even if the flights are not canceled you do not want to be flying on 4/22 unless it is a life-or-death issue. If you DO fly it may become a life-or-death issue. It sounds from your post that the travel is discretionary and is ill-advised for the foreseeable future months (many).

What is the Frontier waiver policy now? Other airlines are allowing penalty-free cancelation though May. Frontier has likely changed your flights to one they are still currently planning to fly on your travel dates. They are still flying (for now) some flights with a significantly reduced schedule. It is not possible to predict now what will be going on on 4/22.

Reactions: Skippy

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
I would say the new dates/time are not acceptable and request a refund.

Reactions: jsn55
Jul 13, 2019
We KNOW we won't be taking our trip, we would prefer refunds vs. vouchers. Frontier, like other airlines, has waived their fees & offered vouchers. We have been holding out, hoping they cancel our flights, thus securing refunds.

Patina, I don't think there is a way to request anything. It's just a button I would click saying ' accept changes'. Also, I thought there was a time limit, like it would have to be over 6 hours in a schedule change in order to be considered for a refund.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Exactly how much of a time difference is there? If the airline isn’t canceling your flight, they don’t have to provide a refund. If you purchased a nonrefundable flight, technically they don’t have to do anything if you cancel a flight.

We have reservations with Delta for May to Greece. If I cancel now, I would be issued a voucher with no cancellation fees but I have to use the ticket by end of year which I am not going to do. So we are waiting until the last minute to see if Delta cancels and hope we will receive a refund instead.

Patina

Verified Member
Dec 22, 2015
We KNOW we won't be taking our trip, we would prefer refunds vs. vouchers. Frontier, like other airlines, has waived their fees & offered vouchers. We have been holding out, hoping they cancel our flights, thus securing refunds.

Patina, I don't think there is a way to request anything. It's just a button I would click saying ' accept changes'. Also, I thought there was a time limit, like it would have to be over 6 hours in a schedule change in order to be considered for a refund.
Did you search their website to see what the time change needs to be in order to get a refund? I think the major airlines have that somewhere buried in their websites.

Jul 13, 2019
Neil, that is what we planned to do, wait it out & hope Frontier cancels us so that we get the refund. I just didn't know how Frontier would view us not accepting their change in our itinerary. My flight would be pushed back 5 hours. The others, only about 2 hours. Not terrible. My question is, if we don't accept, does that read as we are canceling, thus forfeiting any refund? Or, we accept changes, then hope that flight gets canceled in the next couple of weeks? New flight time is around 11:00 am. I could see Frontier trying to have 1 flight a day, possibly the 11:00 flight. Trying to get through to Frontier on a good day is challenging, let alone today's environment!

Jul 13, 2019
Patina, yes, I did search their site, including contract of carriage. Alot of it just talks about how to cancel or change your flight, with different rules for different dates of flights.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We have company contacts for Frontier. I’d give them a try and email them. I did find the contract of carriage and this is what it says about schedule changes:

18. Failure to Operate on Schedule or Failure to Carry
A. Liability Limited - Frontier will use reasonable efforts to transport passengers and baggage to the purchased destination, but published schedules, flight times, aircraft types, seat assignments, and similar details set forth in the ticket or Frontier’s published schedules are not guaranteed and form no part of this Contract of Carriage. Frontier may substitute alternate aircraft, change schedules, delay or cancel flights, change seat assignments, and alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket as required by its operations in Frontier’s sole discretion. Frontier’s obligations for failure to operate any flight, failure to operate a flight according to its schedule, or for changing the schedule or type of equipment used on any flight, with or without notice to the passenger, are set forth below.
B. Force Majeure - In the occurrence of a force majeure event, Frontier may cancel, divert, or delay any flight

Jul 13, 2019
Yes, I did read that. I will TRY to get an answer from Frontier, but we both know they would prefer issuing vouchers over refunds. My concern with low budget airlines is will they have to file for bankruptcy, & not be flying at the end of the year.

smd

Mar 14, 2018
If you go a little further, the terms say refunds for schedule changes are "at Frontier's discretion".

E. Schedule Change Prior to Day of Travel -- When a passenger’s itinerary is changed because of a modification in Frontier’s schedule, arrangements will be made to:​
1) Transport the passenger over its own route system to the destination; or​
2) In the event the schedule modification is significant, at Frontier's discretion, it may refund the cost of the unused portion of the ticket.​

Jul 13, 2019
Thanks, I don't think Frontier would consider the modification significant enough in their eyes, plus key phrase 'at Frontier's discretion' gives them a nice loophole. I just wish they would tell me what the consequences would be if I DON'T accept changes.

Jul 13, 2019
That's what I will do, but interestingly, when I signed in to the 'My Trips' page on Frontier, they show my departure flight as the new time, but with the same flight number. I thought maybe I could have said my original flight was cancelled, but not with both flights having the same number. My original flight was the first one out, at 6:00 a.m. There were several flights scheduled that day, since it's a popular route, PHL-MCO. My feeling is Frontier will condense their flights to 1 a day, & this flight would be it, since it's 11:15 a.m., thus chances of them cancelling it are slimmer, though not impossible.

Jun 27, 2017
Exactly how much of a time difference is there? If the airline isn’t canceling your flight, they don’t have to provide a refund. If you purchased a nonrefundable flight, technically they don’t have to do anything if you cancel a flight.

We have reservations with Delta for May to Greece. If I cancel now, I would be issued a voucher with no cancellation fees but I have to use the ticket by end of year which I am not going to do. So we are waiting until the last minute to see if Delta cancels and hope we will receive a refund instead.
Hi ... we are on the phone now waiting for a Delta rep. Prior to this, we used FB and sent emails to Delta customer service reps on Elliott.org. No reponse from our emails as of yet, but that's probably to be expected.

Our flights (multi-city, 6 flights total; April 2-April 22) have all changed significantly. Our flight on 04/11 lands in Atlanta at 1:46PM, with the connecting flight leaving Atlanta at 1:35PM. Yes, that's correct.

In our previous attempts, we have asked for ALL options - from refund to future flight credits to booking by 12/31/2020 for flights in 2021. So far, REFUNDS are not being offered because normal rules don't apply, or so Delta says. Will let you know what the phone rep says if we get through before the end of the day. Thanks for all that you do.

Jun 27, 2017
Update about
Hi ... we are on the phone now waiting for a Delta rep. Prior to this, we used FB and sent emails to Delta customer service reps on Elliott.org. No reponse from our emails as of yet, but that's probably to be expected.

Our flights (multi-city, 6 flights total; April 2-April 22) have all changed significantly. Our flight on 04/11 lands in Atlanta at 1:46PM, with the connecting flight leaving Atlanta at 1:35PM. Yes, that's correct.

In our previous attempts, we have asked for ALL options - from refund to future flight credits to booking by 12/31/2020 for flights in 2021. So far, REFUNDS are not being offered because normal rules don't apply, or so Delta says. Will let you know what the phone rep says if we get through before the end of the day. Thanks for all that you do.
Joy of joys! We were able to connect to a very nice Delta rep via phone. We quickly explained that all our flights changed significantly and that one of our flights arrived in Atlanta AFTER our next connecting flight's departure. We then politely asked what all our options were - including the possibility of a refund. Our rep carefully explained each, including a FULL REFUND. We opted for the REFUND. We answered a few questions and then processed the refund (will take 21 days). We received a Cancellation # over the phone and within one minute, an email arrived detailing what the rep said. Thank you Delta!

And a BIG shout out to ALL the Elliott advocates. You taught me how to compose my situation succinctly with no whining or nasty comments. You taught me how to politely ask for what I wanted. Thank you for your insight and education.

May 31, 2020
UPDATE....I called & got through to Frontier's cancellation dept. (only took 15-20 minutes!). I was able to get a refund since I did not want the new time for flight. It was easy & painless! Thank you all & stay healthy!
Good for you! I hope I'll have the same luck with my situation which is similar. What's the number for their cancellation department? Thanks.

Jul 13, 2019
In the email from frontier, I clicked on the "view revised flight info". That took me to a page with new flight info & a link to accept changes. I did NOT click on that. Underneath was this line.... If you have concerns with your itinerary, please contact a Frontier Airlines reservations agent at 801-401-9005 and reference the above reservation code.
The agent offered a voucher or the option to get a refund. Like I said, it was easy! My daughter's flight change was under a 2 hour difference, but she also got refunded.
Good Luck!