A plea for help- copy of email explains it all

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 10, 2020
Hello,

I am an extremely frustrated customer, and feel I have no other recourse but to contact you today. I have been trying for THIRTEEN weeks to receive a refund for a flight that was booked through your website, Justfly.com. We had to cancel due to COVID 19, and first contacted your company to request a refund on April 2nd. This is no ordinary flight, as the total was over $8,000. It was a trip we had planned for years. The return flight was through a different airline, and we received the refund for it. However, the major issue comes with the refund of the outgoing flight.

It was through TAP airlines, and even though I have called, emailed, done everything I possibly could, nothing is being done to refund this flight that was $4,500 for the one way. I have contacted Justfly.com 's "customer service" two times per week for the last 13 weeks, trying to receive SOME kind of update or information. Instead, I wait for an hour on hold, the person on the line doesn't have any update for me, half the time they are rude and short with me, I request to speak with a supervisor, and once in a while they will call me back. The rest of the time I am ignored or even hung up on, which has happened FIVE times.

I am not asking for something unusual or something that I am not due to receive. I only want my refund! Each time I speak with one of your "supervisors", I get a different answer, either that they have emailed the airline but no response, or that a phone call was attempted once but never again to get through to the airline to get an authorization code. What I usually get from them is "we have expedited this to our offline team. We'll be in touch." No. Not for 13 weeks have they been in touch. TAP has no record of Justfly.com requesting the refund. I have contacted the airline myself, but they state that since it was booked through Justfly.com, they must be the ones to contact the airline and get the refund authorization code. TAP has NO RECORD that I have requested a refund , nothing received from Justfly.com THIRTEEN weeks later.

The airline states that all Justfly.com must do is email their help desk, or even call them, and they will provide the authorization for the refund.

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THIS!!!???!!

I have tried to be patient, but your company is holding my $4,500 hostage and is doing nothing to help me.
Something must be done or nothing will ever change. I know that if it were your money, you would be concerned as well. We travel extensively and have used many companies, and I am never one to complain. This is much different, however.
I have never received such poor customer service in my life.

I would appreciate it if you, someone, anyone, would reach out to TAP and start the process for my refund. It's been 13 weeks. They haven't heard from Justfly.com.. This is ridiculous.

Please. I ask again. Please contact them and get back to me on this. Elliot.org states that you are "here to help". Let's see if that is true. The site states to start with my primary contact and work my way down the list. I've contacted the company, Justfly.com for 13 weeks. This did not work.
Thank you for your time.

Robin Taylor
Justfly booking number: xxxxxx
TAP confirmation number: xxxxxxx

Edited by moderator to remove booking and confirmation numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 30, 2019
Unfortunately, there are several threads on this forum about justfly.com & lousy customer service.

Here are some basic questions. Answers to the below help people on this forum determine the best recommendation or support:
  • For when was the flight?
  • What was the itinerary? (Do not share confirmations #s, but the cities involved.)
  • When did you book the flight?
  • Did you cancel the flight, or was the flight cancelled by the airline?
  • If you cancelled the flight, how did you request the cancellation?
  • Regardless of who cancelled the flight, what was the date the cancellation was made?
The moderator removed the confirmation numbers from your post. To reinforce: Do not share any Personally Identifiable Information on this public forum.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Please note that the supplier cannot refund money that the airline hasn’t refunded them.

Last night my wife was on a call that included several suppliers that sell air and every one of them said they are having issues with many airlines refunding and they can’t refund what they don’t have.

They also offered interesting insight into what happens when people file disputes that are due a refund but are too anxious to wait. This particular supplier offered refunds for canceled cruises but it was taking 90 days. In every case, the consumer lost the dispute because the supplier had already agreed to a refund but it ends up taking even longer for them to get a refund because the money is in limbo.

The credit card company withdraws the funds from the supplier and gives the provisional credit but that money sits in what would be described as a type of escrow account with the card company. It can end up taking 6 months to straighten out what would have already been credited if the consumer had been more patient.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
NAPLES FL or Denver CO
The credit card company withdraws the funds from the supplier and gives the provisional credit but that money sits in what would be described as a type of escrow account with the card company. It can end up taking 6 months to straighten out what would have already been credited if the consumer had been more patient.
This is all very logical except the CC banks put a timeframe limit on filing a dispute, so the consumer cannot very well just wait the 90 days to find out it is too late to file a dispute.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
This is all very logical except the CC banks put a timeframe limit on filing a dispute, so the consumer cannot very well just wait the 90 days to find out it is too late to file a dispute.
And it will cause a delay. We did have a case here if someone this happened to. The consumer asked if they should drop the dispute.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
NAPLES FL or Denver CO
And it will cause a delay. We did have a case here if someone this happened to. The consumer oasked if they should drop the dispute.
I can’t find any mention of a dispute from this OP.
but, can I ask you, Neil ? Is it a problem that I mentioned the downside of delaying the filing a dispute ?