$12,280 over charge

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2016
Maybe I am just naive as we are on the phone with Verizon as I type this message... we were both naive on this billing... It was his mother in law that introduced me to her best friend so he was fully aware and encouraged me to talk to her on this business phone.... How was he to be aware of these ridiculous charges when he received no alerts as he is administrator on this plan... Yes I take responsibility for my actions yet at the same time had he known about this the instant it was out of control he would have added the necessary endorsement to minimize these charges and he was not notified to utilize this.... Yes it’s a bad deal no matter how you want to paint it and I take full responsibility for it but it all goes back to this could have been eliminated or at least minimized with the proper communication trail back to The administrator
I see. Ok. And I insist on looking into your cellphone agreement /contract with your boss/company. I do not say he shouldn’t discount anything, but it is not reasonable to leave you w/o payment as well, ....there must be a legal limite on that. If you do not have an special agreement or your work contract doesn’t say anything about it and it is just a verbal agreement you could possibly fight it. (Again...not indicating that you dont have to pay, just do it in fair way)

Apr 9, 2019
Maybe I am just naive as we are on the phone with Verizon as I type this message... we were both naive on this billing... It was his mother in law that introduced me to her best friend so he was fully aware and encouraged me to talk to her on this business phone.... How was he to be aware of these ridiculous charges when he received no alerts as he is administrator on this plan... Yes I take responsibility for my actions yet at the same time had he known about this the instant it was out of control he would have added the necessary endorsement to minimize these charges and he was not notified to utilize this.... Yes it’s a bad deal no matter how you want to paint it and I take full responsibility for it but it all goes back to this could have been eliminated or at least minimized with the proper communication trail back to The administrator
And plus we just found out that a lot of these charges were using the viber app because that required international data
Have you yet provided your boss with the contact information for Verizon and the recommended talking points so he can appeal this?
yes but a Verizon executive called and talked to him while I listened in and they wouldn’t budge a bit. I still can’t let this go though when it all could have been prevented in one fashion or another.. Yes I’m to blame as much as anyone but I don’t feel like Verizon done us any favors at all and to think it all could have been prevented with a 15 dollar endorsement that was added to the policy today to prevent this from happening again is just salt to the wound and I’m not asking for anyone’s pity. Pity parties do not resolve financial burden by any means

Apr 9, 2019
Have you yet provided your boss with the contact information for Verizon and the recommended talking points so he can appeal this?
One of the executives contacted me via email and I called to him as my boss was prepared to talk to him but he didn’t answer and I left a message

Apr 9, 2019
I see. Ok. And I insist on looking into your cellphone agreement /contract with your boss/company. I do not say he shouldn’t discount anything, but it is not reasonable to leave you w/o payment as well, ....there must be a legal limite on that. If you do not have an special agreement or your work contract doesn’t say anything about it and it is just a verbal agreement you could possibly fight it. (Again...not indicating that you dont have to pay, just do it in fair way)
I haven’t signed a contract of any sort. The owner of the agency is only 23 years old and we are buddies but that is irrelevant

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
And plus we just found out that a lot of these charges were using the viber app because that required international data

yes but a Verizon executive called and talked to him while I listened in and they wouldn’t budge a bit. I still can’t let this go though when it all could have been prevented in one fashion or another.. Yes I’m to blame as much as anyone but I don’t feel like Verizon done us any favors at all and to think it all could have been prevented with a 15 dollar endorsement that was added to the policy today to prevent this from happening again is just salt to the wound and I’m not asking for anyone’s pity. Pity parties do not resolve financial burden by any means
Are you able to share with us the substance of your boss's request to them? What did he say and for what did he ask? Also, did this call happen after 3:30 PM today?

Apr 9, 2019
I agree but I am not one for confrontation.. I wish I had it in me to make a stand and tell him he can’t not pay me until this bill is paid but I just shut down

Apr 9, 2019
Are you able to share with us the substance of your boss's request to them? What did he say and for what did he ask? Also, did this call happen after 3:30 PM today?
Yes it happened after 3:30 and I’m not sure exactly what was said from Verizon’s end but my boss just argued the fact that he was administrator on the policy and he had no alerts sent to him. He really didn’t even as them to readjust it as he told me that since he paid it there was nothing they could do about it but I just can’t find that to be the entire truth. I don’t know... I wish this would all just go away without impacting my future the way it has. I am so madly in love with my fiancé as is she and which is apparent by this phone bill and if you seen the amount of texting we do it totals about 6 hours a day and I am not exaggerating one bit ... I do not have the heart to tell her all of our dreams are out on hold because of this

Apr 9, 2019
Is there anyone who is following this post that can help me plead my case... I take full responsibility for this and I am not asking for special treatment... I just want what is fair and I believe Verizon is being completely unfair....Even though it is not Verizon’s place to do so I just can’t figure out why they can’t just go back and realize that I needed to add this unlimited international calling to the plan and readjust the bill to the plan

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This is absolutely heartbreaking. Neither you nor your boss read the agreement with Verizon and both of you assumed that you could talk for hours for free. There's only one way to see if there's even a chance that Verizon will work with him. He needs to use our contacts, follow our advice, and plead for a reduced bill. It's his name on the bill, he needs to take care of the problem. Both of you are responsible for this incredible international calling bill. And yes, he CAN not pay you but keep that money to use to pay his Verizon bill. What would you expect him to do? The fact that your personal financial/familial situation means that you don't have the cash to pay the bill really has very little to do with the situation.

If your boss is unwilling to spend the time to see if Verizon will work with him, then you need to sit down with him and work out a payment plan so you can reimburse him for these outrageous charges. This is a horribly-expensive life lesson to learn. You can't assume that things are set up for your convenience. Unless you work for a large corporation with published procedures, you're the one who needs to verify what the coverage is; that is a real service to your boss. Nobody else is going to take responsibility for the huge bill unless your boss can convince Verizon to "cut him a deal".

Feb 16, 2018
Your boss has a contract with Verizon, and you have no legal right to tell him what to do, nor do you have any negotiating power with Verizon since he already paid the bill. The matter of your re-imbursement to him is a legal matter between the two of you that will not involve Verizon. Ultimately you will have to work this out with him.

Apr 9, 2019
I really appreciate your input and agree with you totally.... And yes this is a very bad situation for me because I not only have ruined myself but I have to now tell my fiancé what has happened and break her and her daughters heart. I have promised her so much because I love this woman with every fiber I am made of and I know 12000 dollars is not a lot of money to some people but it could not have come at a worse time for me. Bad thing is I hadn’t taken a check for Two months from him so I could just get paid at the end of the 3rd month to afford wvwrything that is needed to get my fiancé and her daughter abroad and marry her and now that is all gone...

Apr 1, 2018
I would contact Verizon independently just to see if maybe you get someone more helpful to your objectives. It is worth a try and there is nothing to lose.

Apr 9, 2019
At this point I must do something. I refuse to go down without a fight. I am usually not like this as I hate confrontation but I have t been able to speak to anyone at Verizon about this because it is not my account but it sure is my responsibility to repay this ridiculously not feasible bill

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
There is really nothing we can do for you- this is now between you and your boss on how you are to repay him. If the Verizon account is not in your name they don’t have to talk to you.

Your boss can come here and take the information we have given you on how he can appeal to the Executives at Verizon to see if they can either reduce the amount owed because they didn’t send any notices to him about the overages IF the contract he had with Verizon stated they would notify him if the bill got to a certain balance.

But as far as your boss and you repaying him- it’s just not what we are here for. Verizon hasn’t done anything wrong - your boss had a contract he didn’t read to understand what was and wasn’t included.

Reactions: VoR61
Apr 9, 2019
So Verizon just leaves a rope for people to hang themselves on... How professional is this? Granted everything you said is true but I don’t agree with how they can just let a bill incur such outrageous charges and continue to let it climb out of control with no resolution...

Apr 9, 2019
And for this reason alone it is not right... it’s just like biting someone on eBay from the same seller.. you buy so many items of the same thing and never dawn on you it is the same seller until you already pay each auctions shipping charges individually when it clearly should have been bundled.. So as a seller donyou stixk then with all the individual shipping charges or do you accommodate them a charge only what is needed to ship???

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
So Verizon just leaves a rope for people to hang themselves on... How professional is this? Granted everything you said is true but I don’t agree with how they can just let a bill incur such outrageous charges and continue to let it climb out of control with no resolution...
Verizon has no idea if this is how your boss intended to use the account or not. It was up to your boss to stop this as soon as he saw the first bill. It was up to him to understand what he was contracting for. You may not agree with it, but it is how businesses work.

We can't do anymore for you. We don't advocate third party complaints - your boss would need to post here about this. Here are our FAQ on what we do and don't do:
https://www.elliott.org/frequently-asked-questions/

The issue is between you and your boss and we have given you the information you can give him on how he can try to appeal to the executives at Verizon. Due to that, I am going to close this thread to further posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.