Aloft Hotels is billed as a new high-design/low-cost brand from Starwood Hotels & Resorts. I stayed at one this weekend in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif. Here are eight things I like about it.
1. A pool table in the lobby. Who says “low-cost” can’t also be cool?
2. Where did they get those groovy sofas in the reception area?
3. The squishy blue tiles in the elevators that makes you think you’re walking on water.
4. Sleek European design at a fraction of the cost. If Ikea opened a hotel, this is what it would look like.
5. This box plugs into all of your devices and works with the in-room TV. I want one.
6. Feather duvets. Just like staying at Mom’s place in the Swiss Alps.
7. Is that a cow above my bed?
8. Heads up! Now that’s what I call a shower.